• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Send It?

ive done thousands of miles camping off a f800gs. Also been hit head on on it, then bought another and camped my way upstate new york. They are fun but I feel these days like I have a big ole target pasted on my back when riding. I find forest service , back country roads so much more pleasurable.
The Tenere 700 is pretty awesome.

Hi Y'all - recently got in to motorcycling. I got a Svartpilen 401 as a starter bike, I took the MSF course and do practice drills every day in addition to normal riding. My favorite thing to do right now is take it up to the north GA mountains, rip around the fire roads, and camp out. I want to do the Smoky Mountain 500 among others.

I drive it when I can around the city when I don't have the kids. It makes me feel alive and hyperaware. I drive like I'm invisible, which is such a metaphor for my life right now. Plus the do-good libs hate it. And when the ex pisses me off, I rip and rev it around the hood making them pay for her keeping me here.

Like the old dude in the Pink Floyd song - "I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"

The future bike I have my eyes on is a Yamaha Tenere 700 or Triumph Scrambler 1200 xe.
Actually, I also got more heavily into riding after my first divorce.
I was left with only my ‘67 Triumph Bonneville for transportation.

Couldn’t pay me to ride on the street anymore.
Way to many dumfuk oblivious cagers waiting to plow you over while they answer that text.
I still ride some. But you always have to be very careful. You can't afford to make a mistake. You'll never win in a crash with a 4 wheel vehicle. Fortunately I've always been practical when it comes to bikes. I've ridden hard, but bike design was always practical

Good to hear from you again man. Been a while

If you ride on the street you are absolutely 100% going to be seriously injured. I have had a passion for motorcycles all my life but I gave up street riding years ago. Had too many accidents and lost too many friends. You're going to get killed by some idiot texting and driving.

Motorcycles are for the race track. Come do a track day sometime and I promise you will never look back.

Divorce allowed me to re engage with motorcycling. Got my son into it too. Started on a Kawasaki KLR 250, klr 650, then a KTM 450 EXC. Kept the KTM for off road, got a BMW 800 GSA for road/forest road use. Did Alaska, all over the east and south, then had 2 severe close calls in 3 days in ATL.

Sold the BMW and bought a BMW M3 convertible for road, sold the KTM and got a Land Rover LR3 for off road. Best decision I ever made other than getting divorced!

Couldn’t pay me to ride on the street anymore.
Way to many dumfuk oblivious cagers waiting to plow you over while they answer that text.
Some like me have to learn the hard way. Got 2 titanium arms thanks to a drunk illegal alien who they still didn't deport post arrest. Said goodbye to 2 wheels.

Dude , I rode for 30yrs….never even hit a ditch ! Don’t let these peeps discourage you into riding if you want.
Just keep a good eye out in front, behind and both sides as well as everywhere else !! Lol.
seriously, just be aware as to what’s going on around you and enjoy it ! Aint nothing like the freedom of two wheels !

Back
Top Bottom