Seriously, does it make that much of a difference (charging handle)?

BCM and the like charging handles are made to withstand one side/latch side manipulation. One side/latch side manipulation with a stock charging handle will eventually bend the handle channel where the latch fits. Stock charging handles were not made, and will not stand up to one side/latch side manipulation.

That's a good point. But like most things, 99.9% of guys will never break one or run it enough to have an issue. I still have them because for $40, it's a pretty cheap upgrade. If nothing else, I like the larger latches.

I like the BCM's on my ar's with optics. Hell I like them on my ar's without optics. I guess I can just say I plain like em! Standard works great but I like the larger latch.

Has anyone ever broken a charging handle?
Yeah. Two actually.
BCM and the like charging handles are made to withstand one side/latch side manipulation. One side/latch side manipulation with a stock charging handle will eventually bend the handle channel where the latch fits. Stock charging handles were not made, and will not stand up to one side/latch side manipulation.
This is 100% true. The only reason I replace OEM charging handles is because of this fact. While I was giving OP a bit of grief, there are valid reasons to upgrade charging handles. Now, paying over 100 dollars for one with latches on both sides big enough to open a beer with? That's just silly.

Has anyone ever broken a charging handle?

I've seen one break... But I spent a lot of time on a range. That being said, a BCM CH, is pretty much my only up grade to my rifles, it makes, Tap, Rack, Bang, a lot faster, and if you do have a malfunction, it's easier to hold the bolt to the rear with the BCM CH.

Reactions: MRH
Combine that with a larger latch and it changes the way you perform immediate action to a much more efficient and fast response to a stoppage. If a person is just a plinker with their AR it doesn't make any difference, but for people that want to be able to manipulate their AR well in a real world situation it can make quite a difference.

I put a scope on my AR awhile back and it made it a little harder to use the mil-spec charging handle, so I just replaced the latch with one of these for $7.00

Made by UTG, so I guess I'm not a real operator either. It works great though. LOL

leappictl-chl01__10448.1459918411.400.559.jpg

Yeah. Two actually.

This is 100% true. The only reason I replace OEM charging handles is because of this fact. While I was giving OP a bit of grief, there are valid reasons to upgrade charging handles. Now, paying over 100 dollars for one with latches on both sides big enough to open a beer with? That's just silly.
Yep!

Back
Top Bottom