• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seriously, does it make that much of a difference (charging handle)?

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I have a buddy and co-worker that swears by the BCM charging handles. Does it really make that big of a difference? I have only had and used whatever factory charging handle that came w/ the rifle. But, he has me considering doing an upgrade. And, y'all know my cheap ass ain't about to spend $40 if I don't need to.

I don't think it makes a difference IMHO. You may have a nicer finger grip or extension to make it easier to pull; but you don't use them much. However, I can do just fine with stock and spend the extra money on something else. Grips and trigger guards to me make the biggest difference over GI since you touch them all the time.

Does your mil-spec charging handle work for you? If so, you're good. All the BCM does is have a bigger latch to make it easier to grip and charge.

And oh yeah, all I have are BCM CHs for the most part. Because mall ninja.

I was thinking about getting one for the 7,62x39 because it is a bit rough on the fingers manually charging it so many times over and over again.

BCM and the like charging handles are made to withstand one side/latch side manipulation. One side/latch side manipulation with a stock charging handle will eventually bend the handle channel where the latch fits. Stock charging handles were not made, and will not stand up to one side/latch side manipulation.

Back
Top Bottom