• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Seriously; What is a low-ball?

One of the things I have seen is the lack of a counter offer. If someone offers $100 less than you really wanted, but you have a little wiggle room for a quick sale, why not make a counter offer. I've done that many times. Maybe take a little less than your premium price for the buyer to do all the driving, or the seller do all the driving for a higher price deal. Everything is negotiable.

I think it might be this: you are a Super MOD thus have respect & clout......many.......many times I have offended when that was not my intention and I always try to be respectful even when others are not!

There are many that would not agree with this statement. ;)

A lowball offer to me would be around 50% - 60% of their reasonable asking price. But, if they say OBO then give them your best offer of what you would be willing to pay.
If you are really interested in what a lowball offer is, just list a Glock on here for just below retail and you will soon find out what a lowball offer really is, because you will get one.
Then again, you just may get a trade offer of a rooster and 6 hens or a hunting dog puppy or maybe even a 12" sub in a box and a 400 watt amp.

Last edited:
A lowball offer to me would be around 50% - 60% of their reasonable asking price. But, if they say OBO then give them your best offer of what you would be willing to pay.
If you are really interested in what a lowball offer is, just list a Glock on here for just below retail and you will soon find out what a lowball offer really is, because you will get one.
Then again, you just may get a trade offer of a rooster and 6 hens or a hunting dog puppy or maybe even a 12" sub in a box and a 400 watt amp.
been there done that

This is the trader correct ?? an offer is a offer you don't have to agree with the offer, but that is part of wheeling and dealing ,,all a low ball offer is ,is to see where a person stands on their price .

Here's the deal, or at least what I've noticed over the few years I've been on here.

There's the camp that has the retail mentality. And what I mean by that, is that they take the price as cemented in stone. Both as a buyer and a seller. If they see something with a price on it, they wouldn't dare offer less. In the same vein, if someone offers them a dollar less than their asking price they are offended.

The other camp are the hagglers. They believe everything in life is negotiable. They price their items a little higher than they expect them to sell for because they will negotiate the price down. In the same vein, they will NEVER, EVER, EVER pay the asking price for an item. They have to negotiate the seller down to feel like they got a better deal.

Then there's others but we won't speak of them.

I like to haggle, btw.

To me it's all in the delivery. If you present your reasonable offer in a manner that is respectful, then typically sellers won't be offended.
Bingo. If you say will you take two chickens and a goat for your Norinco 56s1 with a firm price set. Then say no seriously how about something more reasonable. I will probably tell you to go **** yourself.

Back
Top Bottom