• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Seriously; What is a low-ball?

I have had people get offended by offers I have made in the past. I don't really care, as long as you have done your research and know what the fair market value is making a nice reasonable offer should not be offensive to anyone. Like I said if they do get offended by a resonable offer made respectfully then I really don't care to do business with them.

I guess it depends on how bad I want that item, and how reasonably priced it is to begin with. I like to haggle a little. I will usually offer $20-$50 less than asking price and see where I get. Sometimes it works and I get it cheaper, sometimes they decline the offer and we haggle a little, sometimes I get told to POAR. Or if they already have it listed as a good deal, and I know they won't have any trouble sellling for the asking price I will just take it at that and go.

If people are offended by an offer, screw em. They probably have emotional issues. There's a few things in this life worth getting offended over, someone offering to give me too little money forcing me to say "no thanks" isn't one of them. If you want it, offer what you think is fair.

Usually about 5% lower than the seller "thinks" the item is worth.
Word of caution, sellers often belive their item is worth more than they listed it for in the first place.
Just to be safe you should offer about 7% over the listed price, to keep the butt hurt down. LOL J/K (kinda)

Back
Top Bottom