• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Seven words that I can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that some people are rude when they respond to an offer less than their asking price and it has caused buyers to be hesitant to make offers. I regularly have people PM me jut to ask if my price is negotiable, of course it is just shot me a number

I hate it to. Had someone use the "what us your best price" line. I told them best for me would be $300 over what I was asking. We didn't talk much after that. Oh well.

Everyone asks a little more than they want. That is part of the joy of it because most of us do this horse trading for fun;we have day jobs unless you're the one buying up all of the ammo which is a full time job. If I wanted to get a sticker price I'd go to Walmart

I use those words you dislike so much quite often out of respect...with so many people getting butt hurt with what they deem a "lowball offer" I will ask that quite often...

I don't like the haggling process, I want to know where they are at, if reasonable, I go for it, if not....I move on....I would say that if you have sold as much stuff as you say, you would understand that those words are used by perspective customers that are at minimum, expressing interest in whatever it is you are selling....acting offended at such questions seems to be a great way to ensure that you are running off potential customers...maybe it is YOUR attitude that is producing the lack of sales you have explained based on those that ask these words....

Last edited:
Will you take_______? Three words shorter and to the point.

That's usually what I ask. Most of the time, if I have an amount listed, I usually list it a little higher than I'm willing to take. Also, someone may be asking $750 for an item and all I have is $700. I don't want to miss a good buy if the seller is willing to come down on the asking price a little to make a sell. As my cousin once said to me, "A close mouth don't get fed." You don't know what you can get unless you ask. Also, these are private sells, so there's always a little wiggle room. Case in point, a few days ago a seller had an item 'For trade only'. I wrote in his post, 'if you decide to sell, let me know'. He replied back that he would have to get $800 for his item. I said that I had $750 that I was comfortable spending and he said he would think about it. A few hours later, I bought a similar item for $500 lnib, then an hour later he asked if I would still be willing to pay the $750. Moral of the story, he gave up $750 to try and make $50, and was now short on cash to try and buy the item that he was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom