• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shame on Benchmade??

The CEO responds. Just when you think it couldn't any worse for them, he drops this steaming pile of excrement...

This guy's (and his company's) problem is they're trying to be all things to all people. Trying to serve two masters, if you will. They have no convictions to stand on.

I'd have way more respect for Benchmade if they simply said "Look, we F'ed up big time. We're going to learn from it, make corrections, and try to make it right. We hope to earn your trust and business in the future."

We are a forgiving society when someone owns their mistakes. But dancing around and playing the word salad game? Naw, that won't get it.

While we all choose to support those that we believe to be 2A friendly, the choice is not always so clear cut, or in some cases, its not even realistic. Let's face it, if you didn't support any liberal companies, we wouldn't be using a phone (Google/Apple) and you wouldn't be on a Windows, Mac or Chromebook computer. You probably would have to take a horse to work. For those that can do this, that's awesome and you should stand by the courage of your convictions.

We have a lot of battles to choose and if one of those provides for you or your family, you do what you have to do until a better choice opens up. While I may avoid a Benchmade purchase now and choose something else, remember, Benchmade has families that are supported by them, families that are absolute in their 2A stance and whatever backlash they get from this will affect those that had no choice in the matter. This support very well could have come from someone who is no longer at Benchmade so I think the whole picture is required before burning an entire company along with all of its employees and their families at the stake.
Some companies are liberal as **** and also hold a monopoly (google). I try to avoid using them wherever i can

But for a smaller company that isnt in a monopoly position to engage in politics; well, i have more options then

Some companies are liberal as **** and also hold a monopoly (google). I try to avoid using them wherever i can

But for a smaller company that isnt in a monopoly position to engage in politics; well, i have more options then
Well, yes, thats my point. People will stand up for what they believe in....right up to a certain point. No one wants children to die by car accident but how many are willing to ride a bike to work to ensure that the possibility of them killing a child by vehicle goes to ZERO. Most people have all kinds of convictions right up until the point it becomes inconvenient. So I would be careful in boycotting anything without a sound understanding of the whole truth. It's like being vegan and having a Lexus with leather seats. It just doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Well, yes, thats my point. People will stand up for what they believe in....right up to a certain point. No one wants children to die by car accident but how many are willing to ride a bike to work to ensure that the possibility of them killing a child by vehicle goes to ZERO. Most people have all kinds of convictions right up until the point it becomes inconvenient. So I would be careful in boycotting anything without a sound understanding of the whole truth. It's like being vegan and having a Lexus with leather seats. It just doesn't hold up under scrutiny.
ya but there is a different in being forced to use a service or product due to monopolies and choosing to boycott a company that has many competitors

how google hasnt been served up an IBM styled busting by the feds yet is beyond me (well, not it isnt because the Feds and google are both on the same side)

ya but there is a different in being forced to use a service or product due to monopolies

See. That right there. You aren't forced. You can sell your car. You can ride a horse. You can toss out your computer and your cell phone and your TV. What if your job is too far? You can quit your job and farm. You do have a choice, you just find some more convenient than others and those are the ones where you will claim you don't have a choice at all.

See. That right there. You aren't forced. You can sell your car. You can ride a horse. You can toss out your computer and your cell phone and your TV. What if your job is too far? You can quit your job and farm. You do have a choice, you just find some more convenient than others and those are the ones where you will claim you don't have a choice at all.

There’s a basic error in your premise in this situation. You are citing decisions that affect your lifestyle, career, etc. The issue at hand here is continuing to do business with a knife company when there are literally hundreds of other knife companies to choose from. How to spend discretionary income on a hobby.

I agree with the point you’re making, I just don’t feel it applies to the Benchmade situation.

Back
Top Bottom