• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shame on Benchmade??

See. That right there. You aren't forced. You can sell your car. You can ride a horse. You can toss out your computer and your cell phone and your TV. What if your job is too far? You can quit your job and farm. You do have a choice, you just find some more convenient than others and those are the ones where you will claim you don't have a choice at all.
thats a bad falicy IMO

short of moving into the mountains and growing everything myself i will be forced to deal with people who i wont agree with. taxes are the same but should i impoverish myself or become imprisoned out of principle? thats stupid

i already explained the difference in choosing to do business with someone who has competition versus a monopoly i am required to deal with if i want to maximize my output

benchmade, surefire, etc. are private companies that are small enough to be impacted by boycotts for bad business dealings and they have plenty of competition

if i never use google again it wont affect google. benchmade on the other hand can take a cue and i wont buy from them

thats a bad falicy IMO

short of moving into the mountains and growing everything myself i will be forced to deal with people who i wont agree with. taxes are the same but should i impoverish myself or become imprisoned out of principle? thats stupid

i already explained the difference in choosing to do business with someone who has competition versus a monopoly i am required to deal with if i want to maximize my output

benchmade, surefire, etc. are private companies that are small enough to be impacted by boycotts for bad business dealings and they have plenty of competition

if i never use google again it wont affect google. benchmade on the other hand can take a cue and i wont buy from them
You are free to do whatever you want to do. There are others who will go further than you. Does that make you wrong? Does it make them right? Do you just draw the line when it stops being convenient? You don't need to take this personally these are just the type of questions that I feel need to be worked out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You are free to do whatever you want to do. There are others who will go further than you. Does that make you wrong? Does it make them right? Do you just draw the line when it stops being convenient? You don't need to take this personally these are just the type of questions that I feel need to be worked out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
meh nothing persona, its just kinda asinine questioning IMO

like, your point is from an absolute position with no credence to the grey area and circumstance which is what this whole thread is based on. either that or you dont have a position and you are simply implementing poor socratic method (simply keep asking why until a contradiction can be exploited)

benchmade branded itself as a 2nd amendment company. then they go and cut up a gun and then its disclosed they donated to democrats. onl top of that, the half assed explanation/apology. i can easily live without them and i wont forget in the same line as dicks or cheaperthandirt. there are alot of other companies i take issue with (for instance i dont buy P&G after their faggy little gilette ad campaign) but many i dont have a choice in using (i choose to not use google search due to their search optimization policy but cant do much about the IOS my phone runs for instance)

plus, google for instance never branded itself as being pro2nd amendent. its alot more damning when a company walks and talks like a sheep then you find out they are a wolf

meh nothing persona, its just kinda asinine questioning IMO

like, your point is from an absolute position with no credence to the grey area and circumstance which is what this whole thread is based on. either that or you dont have a position and you are simply implementing poor socratic method (simply keep asking why until a contradiction can be exploited)

benchmade branded itself as a 2nd amendment company. then they go and cut up a gun and then its disclosed they donated to democrats. onl top of that, the half assed explanation/apology. i can easily live without them and i wont forget in the same line as dicks or cheaperthandirt. there are alot of other companies i take issue with (for instance i dont buy P&G after their faggy little gilette ad campaign) but many i dont have a choice in using (i choose to not use google search due to their search optimization policy but cant do much about the IOS my phone runs for instance)

plus, google for instance never branded itself as being pro2nd amendent. its alot more damning when a company walks and talks like a sheep then you find out they are a wolf

But there is absolutes, three actually:
  1. You support only 2A companies in all aspects of your decision making
  2. You don't care
  3. You support 2A companies when it is convenient for you
There are people who absolutely live in any one of those 3 conditions. I fail to see how the questioning is asinine unless you have some belief that your level (which is #3 btw) and what you base your decisions on, is the only correct way.

2. You don't care
There are people who absolutely live in any one of those 3 conditions. I fail to see how the questioning is asinine unless you have some belief that your level (which is #3 btw) and what you base your decisions on, is the only correct way.
I choose to not support openly ANTI 2A companies. Those companies make it easy, for me anyway.

2. You don't care
ahhh this is a semantics battle so to speak is it :)

define "convenient" first

Shameless plug:

If some of you would like a decent deal on a Mini Griptillian, I just posted one for sale.

It’s the only Benchmade I’ve ever owned. Super nice knife. It hasn’t seen any pocket time in several months, and with last weeks news, I doubt it will. Might as well send it down the road.

Back
Top Bottom