• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharing the road with bicyclists

It was on Roswell rd in north springs not Sweden where just about everyone rides a bike & the mortality rate is the lowest.

Thank you for the clarification on that incident. If you are referring to Sweden in the second half of that sentence, my previous statement still stands.

The problem with freedom is if you get it, everyone else gets it too. Some of these arguments y’all are making are the exact same arguments anti gunners use against us. Just saying.

These are not parallel arguments. In any arguable metric.

And what equivalent freedoms in this instance are you referring to? Not trying to argue for the sake of it. Just want to see your point of view.

I don't like the government making rules. Don't make it illegal or impose a bunch of restrictions/requirements on them. Simply make it legal to pull up beside them to have a passenger push them over.
The audacity of someone not being able to afford a car, Uber, not close to Marta trying to get to a minimum wage job using a bicycle is atrocious

I try to share and for the most part have had zero issues save one. I was comimg into a down hill curve and I was meeting a large box type truck when I seen a bicyclist riding on the white line (thank god) I didnt have time to touch my brakes and I couldnt swerve either direction. I just squezzed my happy ass right between them. Im sure my side mirror brushed his shoulder. definately a pucker moment for all invovled.

I enjoy riding very much, but no way I would ever ride on the road. Give me a trail.

The part that pisses me off is they won’t pull aside for just a moment to let cars pass…Oh no, they just stay there blocking traffic like the douche nozzles they are.
This is me as well. I ride for a LOT of hours per week and you won't ever catch me on the road! I choose life!!

Screenshot_20240126_100143_Firefox.jpg

Who is GMC boy "on here" and what redneck threat did he make?

I'm already on "forced ignore" so I can't see post # 10.

Sharing the road with bicyclists law is BS.

Let me be clear I do not mind a kid or an adult riding around on a bicycle in the neighborhood or on a trail designated for bicycles. I don’t even mind semi pro bicyclists who are on a race or competition where the roadways are temporarily marked for vehicles to know a race is present.

It’s these semi pro assholes that get on the open roads taking up 3/4 of a lane on double yellow lines using 45-55mph roadways, always riding during sundown conditions, heavy traffic, or windy backroads.

A young girl hit and killed a bicyclists a while back in my area… as well as an elderly man who did the same in similar spot… I have nearly hit bicyclists on more then one occasion and I PAY ATTENTION when I drive.

We as vehicle drivers should not have to share the open road with semi pro bicyclists unless some kind of minimum standards are applied and local police/GSP endorse/enforce them.

⚫️ GA Bicycle endorsement w/ 90 hours of bicycle safety class specific to roads.

⚫️ 24 month license renewal of license with additional 8hr refresher class

⚫️ Register their bikes with the state of Georgia and have paperwork on them.

⚫️ Pay tax and mount a required reflective bike tag specific to their county on their property.

⚫️ Have liability, property, and medical insurance through someone like Geico or Statefarm

⚫️ A term life insurance policy

⚫️ Minimum of 1k inches of orange/yellow reflective vest or clothing to be visible to traffic

⚫️ Helmet approved by GDOT

ALL of this.

Back
Top Bottom