• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping firarm advice

Ledslinger

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
15   0
Reaction score
So my mother in law tells me, she has finally found her husbands guns. He was a retired USMC Seargent Major who passed away 20yrs ago. I had always meant to ask her if there was anything like that she wanted me to check out, or at least unload. Then time passes, and forgot about it. He passed soon after my wife and i started dating. Of course they were all loaded, she called a LEO that she trusted and he came over and unloaded them. So what is the prize, surely a battle worn M1 Garand or 45. The 3 days after my wife told me about them and the time i finally got details were full of these daydreams. Kind of selfish of me since i never met him, would have liked to, but i think the real good stuff went to his brother.
So i am gonna inherit one very old 10-22 ser# listed built in 1979, and one very old and cheap looking 22 revolver forgot name but they were on forums and stuff talking of how dangerous they were, last but not least another 22 semiauto of unknown manufactur. Well anyways
im still excited about it, so how are these legally shipped? any special precautions or procedures? Coming from NewMexico to Georgia. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

The rifle can be shipped through the post office. Nothing on the outside identifying it as a gun, Safest way to ship is registered mail, but it can be pricey, your choice. Has to go to an FFL (assuming you want local).

The handguns have to to through a commercial shipper, UPS or Fed Ex, Or you can use an NM FFL to ship to a local FFL -even with fees it may be cheaper than commercial shipping because they can use regular UPS/Fed Ex. Has to go to a local FFL.

Been there, done that, but you can bet some "family" has done culled the herd for you.

Bottom line, although it's all "in the family" the transfer has to go through an FFL.

Unless you want them for sentimental reasons....check the values.....your shipping and FFL transfer costs may exceed the value of the the guns......if that is the case, she would be better served selling them locally.

Call my buddy Allen Hassler. He is a FFL in Albuquerque and he can ship them out here for you for much cheaper than a non FFL can do. I will PM you his phone number.

Shoot DogLegArms DogLegArms a PM. He is a FFL in Dallas/Hiram that can receive them and transfer them to you.

So my mother in law tells me, she has finally found her husbands guns. He was a retired USMC Seargent Major who passed away 20yrs ago. I had always meant to ask her if there was anything like that she wanted me to check out, or at least unload. Then time passes, and forgot about it. He passed soon after my wife and i started dating. Of course they were all loaded, she called a LEO that she trusted and he came over and unloaded them. So what is the prize, surely a battle worn M1 Garand or 45. The 3 days after my wife told me about them and the time i finally got details were full of these daydreams. Kind of selfish of me since i never met him, would have liked to, but i think the real good stuff went to his brother.
So i am gonna inherit one very old 10-22 ser# listed built in 1979, and one very old and cheap looking 22 revolver forgot name but they were on forums and stuff talking of how dangerous they were, last but not least another 22 semiauto of unknown manufactur. Well anyways
im still excited about it, so how are these legally shipped? any special precautions or procedures? Coming from NewMexico to Georgia. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

We're neighbors! Shoot me an email when you're ready to transfer.

sales@doglegarms.com

Back
Top Bottom