• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping firearms

That's not being safe, that's being legal and abiding by the laws we have in place.

I think you missed my point.

It's illegal to sell a firearm to someone from another state, without going through an FFL.

Shouldn't it be equally as illegal to purchase a firearm from someone from another state without going through an FFL as well?

It's not illegal fo a felon to purchase a firearm, but it illegal to sell a firearm to a felon or for a felon to be in possession of a firearm.

This isn't completely accurate, it is illegal to KNOWINGLY sell a firearm to felon or other prohibited person, or to KNOWINGLY sell to a resident of aother state.
The key word is knowingly.

There isn't any law that requires you to investigate the home resident state or the legal status of a buyer in a private firearm transaction.

As a side note there is a long list of reasons a person maybe a prohibited person, (felon, domestic violence conviction, currently under indictment, in the country illegally, adjudicated mentally ill, dishonorable discharge from the armed service, the illegal use of controled substances, etc).
That idea that having one show a state ID and or a WCL by no means proves that the buyer isn't a prohibited person, it just gives the seller a false sense of security...

That's not being safe, that's being legal and abiding by the laws we have in place.

I think you missed my point.

It's illegal to sell a firearm to someone from another state, without going through an FFL.

Shouldn't it be equally as illegal to purchase a firearm from someone from another state without going through an FFL as well?

It's not illegal fo a felon to purchase a firearm, but it illegal to sell a firearm to a felon or for a felon to be in possession of a firearm.

Ahhhh I see what you're saying. That makes sense then you're correct. The law seems to be "One Sided" against the Law Abiding Citizen it seems.

That idea that having one show a state ID and or a WCL by no means proves that the buyer isn't a prohibited person, it just gives the seller a false sense of security...

:wacko: :wacko::wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Laughing with you, not at you. Of course you are absolutely correct, BUT the Junior G-men somehow feel that they are promoting the common weal when they look at a 5 year old GWL.

:crazy:

I used to get upset about folks requiring a GWL to buy a gun but now I take the charitable view if they get a warm fuzzy and a little chubby, let them have their moment of inner glow.

I wonder if these folks ever think about all the people who can legally purchase a gun that are ineligible to obtain a GWL?

:wacko: :wacko::wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Laughing with you, not at you. Of course you are absolutely correct, BUT the Junior G-men somehow feel that they are promoting the common weal when they look at a 5 year old GWL.

:crazy:

I used to get upset about folks requiring a GWL to buy a gun but now I take the charitable view if they get a warm fuzzy and a little chubby, let them have their moment of inner glow.

I wonder if these folks ever think about all the people who can legally purchase a gun that are ineligible to obtain a GWL?

They also never consider those that are exempt from GWCL due to their employment (Postal inspectors, Post Master General, all LEO, probation officers, judges, constables, and the list goes on. I wonder what they will do if Georgia becomes a constitutional carry state.

If Georgia was to go to Constitutional Carry I was under the impression you could still get a Georgia Weapons Carry License to travel to other states.

If Georgia was to go to Constitutional Carry I was under the impression you could still get a Georgia Weapons Carry License to travel to other states.

That is one option.

The issue though is what are all the Jr. G-men flippers who require a GWL to buy a gun going to do when no one HAS to have a GWL?

Just sell their guns to people who travel to other states?

I have sold quite a few long guns on GB. I always ship via UPS from the hub in Acworth. Yes, I declare what it is and insure it. I do put stickers on the box like "aluminum poles, do not bend" just go keep warehouse workers off guard and I seperate the action from the stock to make a smaller box. I have to wonder what some of these guys do when they do not say do not declare what you are shipping then insure the box for $1,000 then try to make a claim? My local post office postmaster told me post office insurance is next to worthless, that is why I ship UPS, never had a problem.

A rifle boxed is the perfect length to go from shelf to shelf in a standard Big Brown truck. This was discovered years sgo by the CMP when they used them to ship Garands. Drivers used this handy 'step' to reach packages on the top shelf. Results were a gang of M1 stocks broken at the grip.

Post office happily ships long guns for me.

Back
Top Bottom