• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shoot House Courses: Why Take Them?

After all the big mistakes I made in that residential room clearing class, the one thing I was proud of was not shooting any innocent people. It’s definitely a type of thinking and training you need repetition to get down.

After all the big mistakes I made in that residential room clearing class, the one thing I was proud of was not shooting any innocent people. It’s definitely a type of thinking and training you need repetition to train.

Ain’t nearly as easy as folks that refuse to get trained think it is!

Running in any shoot house is hard work and it is never easy as there is more to it than just pulling the trigger on targets. You have to think and have to be able to see and understand that not everyone in the place is a bad guy or shoot target. There are always no shoot targets and in the real world it is the same with innocent people that you need to avoid shooting No matter how many times we practiced and trained there were always mistakes that happen and the only good thing was that when we did it was in a training and no one was hurt or anything.

The real test always came when it was not in a training environment but in a building in the middle of some nasty place with real bad guy's and they are shooting real bullets at you. Sometimes you can't tell the difference as they all seem to dress the same and act the same. That is where your critical and tactical thinking need to really come into play and help you to think fast and determine who to shoot and not shoot. Yes in the real world mistakes do happen especially when you are in a dark building and running room to room and floor to floor and there is dust screaming and bullets flying everywhere.

Any training you can get from pistol, rifle, shotgun training to all types and levels of medical training the a really good one being the TC3 courses. If you can and funds allow yes go do the shoot houses and any other shooting classes as well and another one to do and develop skills in is your night fighting/shooting as it is a whole lot different shooting at night with or with out a light in and outside a building.

Remember not matter what it is always better to make the mistakes in training and while practicing which is why we do it. When you do all of that in training it makes you think and really work at not making the same mistakes out on the real world on real missions or in real life even it means just protecting your family at home or even out in town or in the car where ever you might be.

I conduct several Lowlight courses a year. Next one is a carbine course on November 23 in Jefferson GA.......only a few slots left.

Back
Top Bottom