• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shooting someone elses reloads

Will you shoot someone elses reloads

• Yes

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 60.4%

• Total voters
Didn't you say you weighed them and they were all basically the same?

Enjoy!

Personal experience - uncle reloaded some .380 and gave to my father. We were at the range and he shot and the Mustang sounded/acted funny.

I was in the Army (National Guard) and the whole "pop, with no kick" was pretty serious. Luckily I was able to get my dad to step off of the line and check out the pistol. Sure enough, there was a round in the barrel. If he had chambered another round and pulled the trigger...

I voted no, but it really depends on who's they were. I will also let very little people shoot mine.

Everyone else has recommended that you do not shoot them and I will say the same thing. But my reason includes something you said in your OP. that part about the bulged cases. That is what the FBI would call a clue.
Thats my biggest concern was some of the cases being bulged towards the rim causing the gun to dead lock where I had to grab the slide and hit the frame with force to free it.

Thats my biggest concern was some of the cases being bulged towards the rim causing the gun to dead lock where I had to grab the slide and hit the frame with force to free it.

In 9mm and 45 that is a dead give away that something isn't right. In 40 I could see it, but in 9 and 45 that is NOT common at all.

Back
Top Bottom