Shot with a 22...that's BAD

The rifle...the only inherently offensive weapon listed is equal to only the .357....hmmmm....

<- might carry the 686 tomorrow ;)

One reason might be bullet type which is not discussed. Every .357 round I've bought has been a hollow point. Even range ammo. There's tons of FMJ 9mm out there. Same for rifle ammo. I agree that the .357 is a better round than 9mm, I just don't think the difference is that great. I certainly don't think it's a good as a rifle loaded with hunting or HD ammo.

It's an interesting article but there's a lot of variables that aren't covered. A 9mm with 18 rounds of quality hollow points would still be my choice if I had to choose one gun.

One reason might be bullet type which is not discussed. Every .357 round I've bought has been a hollow point. Even range ammo. There's tons of FMJ 9mm out there. Same for rifle ammo. I agree that the .357 is a better round than 9mm, I just don't think the difference is that great. I certainly don't think it's a good as a rifle loaded with hunting or HD ammo.

It's an interesting article but there's a lot of variables that aren't covered. A 9mm with 18 rounds of quality hollow points would still be my choice if I had to choose one gun.

Missed my tongue in my cheek, did you? ;)

bang, bang, bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang = 18 shots with 9mm.
bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang = 8 shots with 45
bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang = 6 shots with 357
boom = 1 shot with 44 mag.

Which do I want?........22 bobcat fits in my shirt pocket, hmmm

Another thing to consider that's not taken into account is weight of the round. If you're looking for something for a SHTF situation, the .22 is looking better and better. A 142 rounds of 36gr .22 per pound vs 38 9mm (115gr) or 40 .223 (55gr). I can fit 5000 rounds of .22 in a the same size can as 1000 .223 rounds. That's quite the difference.

Back
Top Bottom