• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotgun Shell Reloading Help

Vincent Vega

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
438   0
Reaction score
I've been reloading rifle and pistol cartridges for close to 20 years but would now like to start reloading shotgun shells. I have an old Ponsness Warren 375 that I picked up close to 2 years ago that I would like to begin using. It has 12, 20 and .410 dies.

For those of you who reload shotshells, what books and manuals would you recommend and is there any general advice you would give someone who wants to start reloading shotshells? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've been reloading shotshells for several years. What ga are you looking to reload the most ? As for 12 & 20 ga, you can't save any real money unless you shoot a LOT. I shoot sporting clays and in the past have shot 600 to 1000 rounds per week. At that rate, you can save some by loading 12 & 20's. The real savings comes from reloading 28 and 410's. With these running over $10 per box, if you shoot much, you can save some money. I still have a 12 ga loader, but haven't loading any 12's in several years. I just buy the 100 count boxes of Federal shells at Wal-Mart for $20 per 100.

I've been reloading shotshells for several years. What ga are you looking to reload the most ? As for 12 & 20 ga, you can't save any real money unless you shoot a LOT. I shoot sporting clays and in the past have shot 600 to 1000 rounds per week. At that rate, you can save some by loading 12 & 20's. The real savings comes from reloading 28 and 410's. With these running over $10 per box, if you shoot much, you can save some money. I still have a 12 ga loader, but haven't loading any 12's in several years. I just buy the 100 count boxes of Federal shells at Wal-Mart for $20 per 100.
Thanks. I'm probably not going to load too many 12 gauge target loads. I would like to load some buckshot, non-toxic loads, 3.5" 12 gauge loads, 3" 20 gauge loads and .410 loads as well. I paid $75 for the PW setup so I don't have a lot sunk into it (yet).

Back
Top Bottom