• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should Listings Be Required To Have A Price?

Should All Listings Be Required To Have A Price Or Trade Value?

• Yes! They should have to have a price!

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • No, if they want to hear offers that is fine.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Should we require that all listings have a price or a trade value of some kind?

It used to be a rule but I removed it in February. I don't like rules so I removed it, what do you guy's think?

I think that if an item doesnt have a price its just because the person forgot to post it its easy to get lost in describing what you have. If theres no price its not long before someone demands it anyway maybe add a reminder to put the price on what they are selling at the creat new thread page so they everyone can see it while they write their post.

Trade value isn't as important but if an item is for sale it only seems logical. The whole "taking offers" bit never works out and usually results in 400 posts in 10 cent increments.

I dont care if they do or not really. Even if they put a price on there.... ima offer less. Ill only pay what I feel comfortable buying it for. I feel dirty,lazy and just plain pathetic if I pay someone their asking price. ;) thats just me though. If they choose to not list a price.... then I DONT wanna hear any lip from them about people "lowballing"

Trade value isn't as important but if an item is for sale it only seems logical. The whole "taking offers" bit never works out and usually results in 400 posts in 10 cent increments.

I 100% agree, but my thinking is it is a pain in the butt for a mod to have to get someone to post a price if it is a requirement, and I don't like deleting threads because there is no price. I figure if it isn't a rule, the community will get a price out of them without mods having to police it.

Not sure if that made any sense, I'm tired.

I 100% agree, but my thinking is it is a pain in the butt for a mod to have to get someone to post a price if it is a requirement, and I don't like deleting threads because there is no price. I figure if it isn't a rule, the community will get a price out of them without mods having to police it.

Not sure if that made any sense, I'm tired.

Makes sense to me. After a while they will be like..."ok the least ill take for it is.... then boom. We gotta price LOL

I agree that some things are optional but some things are simple common sense. How can you sell something without a price (or 100 comments asking for a price)? We've all seen a thousand times what happens here at the ODT when items don't have a price.

You don't walk through Adventure Outdoors and see items with "Make Offer" on them. To me "For sale" means "For Sale". I guess common sense is a valuable commodity in America these days though.

I agree that some things are optional but some things are simple common sense. How can you sell something without a price (or 100 comments asking for a price)? We've all seen a thousand times what happens here at the ODT when items don't have a price.

You don't walk through Adventure Outdoors and see items with "Make Offer" on them. To me "For sale" means "For Sale". I guess common sense is a valuable commodity in America these days though.

What makes me mad is... they dont list a price right, then you send them an offer and they get pissy saying its a lowball offer. WTF tell me what the heck you are asking for it. Its ur stuff LOL.

Back
Top Bottom