• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should Listings Be Required To Have A Price?

Should All Listings Be Required To Have A Price Or Trade Value?

• Yes! They should have to have a price!

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • No, if they want to hear offers that is fine.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters

I agree

Originally Posted by RIDDLE View Post
I think you should have to list a price on anything that is for sale. I don't want to hear "well so and so just offered $50 more". That is what GB is for. I think by having to list a price it keeps people a little more honest.

I agree

Originally Posted by RIDDLE View Post
I think you should have to list a price on anything that is for sale. I don't want to hear "well so and so just offered $50 more". That is what GB is for. I think by having to list a price it keeps people a little more honest.

I am confused... How does posting a price keep anyone honest?
I think some people just want a price so if the OP puts a low price then they have to stick to that price.
If it's too high people will gladly "inform" them. How many would be so fast to tell them they are asking too little?

I am confused... How does posting a price keep anyone honest?
I think some people just want a price so if the OP puts a low price then they have to stick to that price.
If it's too high people will gladly "inform" them. How many would be so fast to tell them they are asking too little?

I thought price "comments" were a No-No??? I think the honesty is a stretch. If you ask too much.. I just move along.. maybe a giggle with a WTF are you thinking asking $500 for a Glock... Way over priced... again internal here no email.. no PM just me ROFLMAO....

I thought price "comments" were a No-No??? I think the honesty is a stretch. If you ask too much.. I just move along.. maybe a giggle with a WTF are you thinking asking $500 for a Glock... Way over priced... again internal here no email.. no PM just me ROFLMAO....

Yes, that's true.. any price comments will get a Mod after (such as the infamous Ken Ford!) you in a hurry (and rightfully so). 500, dude, I see 550 and 600 all the time. I move along as well... if it's too high they probably will not sell it. If it's too low, maybe they need the money asap and someone will give it to them.

Ken, what do you suggest here?

Last edited:

Lotss! They just say it in different ways:

"WOW! Great Price!"
"Won't last long at THAT price!"
"Great deal for someone!"

etc...

AA and GB are auctions sites. Who needs the complication of regulating auctions, deciding on shipping/FTF etc HERE to go with local meets? How bout this...if you want to auction it, list it on GB or AA and post here that you have it listed. Otherwise if you want to sell it, PRICE it. At least on an auction site you can SEE the bids. Here someone can just PM you with..."I have $10 more from someone else. Want to up your bid?" No way to verify.

Yes, that's true.. any price comments will get a Mod after (such as the infamous Ken Ford!) you in a hurry (and rightfully so). 500, dude, I see 550 and 600 all the time. I move along as well... if it's too high they probably will not sell it. If it's too low, maybe they need the money asap and someone will give it to them.

Ken, what do you suggest here?

I think an individuals ad is theirs to place as they see fit, no ones business as long as it conforms to the rules. (Whatever Steve decides is fine with me.)
Personally if there is no price I move on, dumb as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand I have placed an ad where I honestly had no idea of the value, but I did state that in the ad.

Back
Top Bottom