• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should Listings Be Required To Have A Price?

Should All Listings Be Required To Have A Price Or Trade Value?

• Yes! They should have to have a price!

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • No, if they want to hear offers that is fine.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
Well, I believe that most of the guys who want offers only sit back and let them come and then decide who the highest bidder is. For those of us who don't have endless pockets, it is not convenient. example: dude "a" offers up _____ for "make an offer". you make an offer and wait (I know of at least one personally who operates in this manner) while he piles up offers for days. You have some $ but are waiting...meanwhile dude "B" has something you want priced for what you can afford but you don't want to commit until you get an up or down from dude "a". You may pass up a deal from "B" screwing around with gunbrokerJR (dude "a")

If it's for sale it ought to have a price. my .02 anyway

I voted yes because if I wanted to bid on a gun I'd be going to the gunbroker site......not here. I go to this site because I DON'T like bidding on a gun or any other item for that matter.

I say let people post their guns however they want. If you don't like it when somebody doesn't list a price, don't buy it from them.

Yep^^^

Only person that is hurt is the seller.

So many people here are whining about what someone does with their own private property. Geesh!!

Set price is needed,I don't know the value of a lot of items and it gives everyone an idea what a seller has in mind for a purchase or trade value. No price posted = no offer from me,general rule for all shopping for everything in life. If I have to ask a price,you don't want to sell it or I can't afford it.

Last edited:
I think you should have to list a price on anything that is for sale. I don't want to hear "well so and so just offered $50 more". That is what GB is for. I think by having to list a price it keeps people a little more honest.

What if there was a 'Auction Style Classified' so the people that want to use auction style listings can do so. The kicker would be that ODT gets a percentage of the sale or a listing fee, etc...just like the auction style sites (gunbroker, etc..) does. I think that sounds fair.

Back
Top Bottom