• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG customer service, a case study.

It'll be interesting to see if they will even offer to "look" at it. Shame, I liked the carbine and I'm a little raw over spending $1,600 for this piece of shyte. The ONLY other firearm I've ever had a real kaboom in (HK91s, FALs, 22 rimfire don't count) was a .40 cal Toreass pistol that my brother asked me to test fire for him. Taurus offered to replace his frame and magazine straight away so at least until I hear otherwise from SIG, Taurus > SIG.

Did your try motoring it?
WTH does that mean? Mortaring it? Yeah, that won't work. I can just unlock the charging handle but it moves rearward only about 1/8". That bolt is stuck in the barrel extension. The bolt head is sort of peeled back like a banana and the "locking lugs" are now flared out into the extension and you cannot move it forward or backwards.

I've only ever dealt with SIG customer service as a Fed LE Armorer. They were oftentimes squirrelly, and always inconsistent.

One rep would send me all kinds of parts for free.

Next one I talked to wouldn't send me a grip screw.

I found that if I didn't like the answer, I could hang up and call back later. Do it enough times and you'll get the answer you wanted.

Looks like the upper can be salvaged. If Sig won’t fix it, the only chance is to cut the barrel off and attempt to drive the bolt back out of the barrel extension with a chisel. I have never seen a 16” barrel for sale, only the shorter ones. An 8 inch barrel with an 8.25 inch lightweight brake might be cool.

Looks like the upper can be salvaged. If Sig won’t fix it, the only chance is to cut the barrel off and attempt to drive the bolt back out of the barrel extension with a chisel. I have never seen a 16” barrel for sale, only the shorter ones. An 8 inch barrel with an 8.25 inch lightweight brake might be cool.
ILWT offers carbine barrels.

Both 14.5’s for pinning and a 16.25” that doesn’t require it.

Friday came and went, no reply from SIG. I guess they think they're like H&K. I sent another email to Customer No Support today. I asked them to at least have the common courtesy to tell me to bugger off. No answer (at all) is pissing me off more than the damned $1,600 gun blowing up in my niece's face.

Back
Top Bottom