• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG customer service, a case study.

SIG today isn't the Sig of old.

Any possible video of the Kaboom could be posted on social media or youtube.
(With the her consent or the parents if your nice is a minor.)
"Sig MCX blows up in girls face." Doesn't read well as a sales pitch.

Companies hate bad publicity in most cases.

My big complaint with Sig is they will completely drop support for a platform...and that they use the customers to do their beta testing.

I like the new Spear carbines...just can't bring myself to drop the cash on one.

Sorry for your financial & loss of trust.
It's par for the course today. I normally would post only positive experiences with CS from companies but those have been few. Maui Jim sunglasses, RCBS, Dillon, S.P.U.H.R. for example are EXACTLY how a CS dept. should operate and treat customers.

It's par for the course today. I normally would post only positive experiences with CS from companies but those have been few. Maui Jim sunglasses, RCBS, Dillon, S.P.U.H.R. for example are EXACTLY how a CS dept. should operate and treat customers.
FN CS was outstanding for me last year. They turned around an issue with a rifle in under a week, shipping and all.

I decided to try a live chat since the window popped up when I was sending ANOTHER email. I wound up having a CS rep call me and he asked me to describe the issue and any aftermarket parts I've installed, etc., then said he'd send an RMA label to so I can send the entire gun back to SIG for an evaluation by a gunsmiff.

Hopefully they'll be able to salvage the upper and barrel with bolt carrier, all of that appears undamaged. Only the bolt looks like it may be destroyed.

CS rep said the email is hit or miss as they "get behind" answering them. That tells me NO ONE is even looking at the emails that come in and they aren't even technically proficient enough to have an auto-reply set up.

The rep (Michael) was friendly and helpful so my first recommendation to anyone needing support is to FORGET email (shame as I like documenting this type of stuff) and just call the main customer support telephone number for assistance.

I'm slightly hopeful this is resolved satisfactorily and will keep this thread updated with their findings.

I'm buying a Springfield Saint Victor 9mm carbine as a backup, just in case.

I decided to try a live chat since the window popped up when I was sending ANOTHER email. I wound up having a CS rep call me and he asked me to describe the issue and any aftermarket parts I've installed, etc., then said he'd send an RMA label to so I can send the entire gun back to SIG for an evaluation by a gunsmiff.

Hopefully they'll be able to salvage the upper and barrel with bolt carrier, all of that appears undamaged. Only the bolt looks like it may be destroyed.

CS rep said the email is hit or miss as they "get behind" answering them. That tells me NO ONE is even looking at the emails that come in and they aren't even technically proficient enough to have an auto-reply set up.

The rep (Michael) was friendly and helpful so my first recommendation to anyone needing support is to FORGET email (shame as I like documenting this type of stuff) and just call the main customer support telephone number for assistance.

I'm slightly hopeful this is resolved satisfactorily and will keep this thread updated with their findings.

I'm buying a Springfield Saint Victor 9mm carbine as a backup, just in case.

tumblr_98278b154675760d3b54d654ab03659a_5bf7ac54_400.gif

LOL! Just got my rifle back this week. Sig replaced the barrel and bolt and bolt carrier. Said it was a squib followed by another round that pushed both out, but the bolt couldn't stand the pressure.

I'm not convinced this is what happened but my niece, an inexperienced shooter, would likely not have realized what a squib sounds like. It's ultimately my fault for not paying attention to what she was doing as I was checking something in the main service panel on the pistol range while she was shooting.

All in all? $500 all in to get my carbine back working seems a fair compromise. I'll never be a SIG fanboi, but neither a detractor.

Glad it was somewhat taken care of…accuracy of their assessment aside, the next question would be about the ammo…do you remember what was being shot? Is there any left for follow up testing?

LOL! Just got my rifle back this week. Sig replaced the barrel and bolt and bolt carrier. Said it was a squib followed by another round that pushed both out, but the bolt couldn't stand the pressure.

I'm not convinced this is what happened but my niece, an inexperienced shooter, would likely not have realized what a squib sounds like. It's ultimately my fault for not paying attention to what she was doing as I was checking something in the main service panel on the pistol range while she was shooting.

All in all? $500 all in to get my carbine back working seems a fair compromise. I'll never be a SIG fanboi, but neither a detractor.
good times.

Back
Top Bottom