• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig P250c's

I owned one for a few months, shot a few hundred through it trying to get used to the trigger and never was able to stop the downward dip when firing. Sold it shortly after. It was a second gen, made in January of this year, and was intrigued by the frame/slide/caliber swap system they have, but learned the hard way just to get a G23 if I want to shoot 9mm and 40.

Here is a target from one of my range trips. 20 DAO rounds from my Taurus 24/7 OSS on the left, 20 DAO rounds from my Sig 250 on the right. Should let you know why I sold it:

Personal preference, my friend. Sounds like you work better with your Taurus. I can put rounds on target in decent groups all day with my P250. Not saying I'm an expert shot - but, my group with my P250 would look like your Taurus group. I've never shot a Taurus 24/7 so I won't claim to know what it feels like or how it shoots.

Wow! Certainly alot of people slammin the P250 with their "expert" opinion considering they've never even owned one.

Don't you know that you don't have to have any actual experience, you just have to know someone who knew someone who heard from this one guy that. . . .

Personal preference, my friend. Sounds like you work better with your Taurus. I can put rounds on target in decent groups all day with my P250. Not saying I'm an expert shot - but, my group with my P250 would look like your Taurus group. I've never shot a Taurus 24/7 so I won't claim to know what it feels like or how it shoots.

Don't you know that you don't have to have any actual experience, you just have to know someone who knew someone who heard from this one guy that. . . .

Yep, personal preference, and my preference was to get rid of it ASAP.

[Don't you know that you don't have to have any actual experience, you just have to know someone who knew someone who heard from this one guy that. . . .[/QUOTE]

I have a P250 and certainly don't take other opinions personally about it - we all have our favorites and our opinions. The P250 shoots well for me but I do wish the trigger was a little shorter. I love Glocks as well, they're great guns. If I didn't have a wife and two kids to support, I'd jump all over a Springfield 1911 Loaded. Perhaps one day.

Dont think anyone was claiming to be an expert guys...that was just something somebody said...was only citing the BATFE's findings with the 250, at least thats a legit source for an internet debate, much better than the usual he said she said stuff...

From what I have found those BATF reports are in June of 2010, Sig P250 came out with the second gen in late 2010 or early 2011. Ive not read any complaints on the newer ones except for people that can't get use to DAO trigger but thats not the guns fault. I just hope they can get over the bad rep from the first gens.

Also for people who say they don't like the triggers in certain guns did we not learn anything from the show "Top Shot". I think those guys especialy the "Glock guy" that lost in the first season complaining that everything is not a Glock learned a valuable lesson on being a one trick pony. Point is as a shooter we should train OURSELVES to shoot any firearms and not try and fix a gun to suit our preference. You never know what kind of situation you are going to be in or what weapon you might have to use to defend yourself with and me personally I pride myself on being able to pick up any weapon and have the same results. Just say'n.

This kind of reminds me of some folks I see on the golf course. They play with 800.00 sets of irons and 300.00 drivers and still play like crap. I feel like telling them they should have used that money for lessons instead.

From what I have found those BATF reports are in June of 2010, Sig P250 came out with the second gen in late 2010 or early 2011. Ive not read any complaints on the newer ones except for people that can't get use to DAO trigger but thats not the guns fault. I just hope they can get over the bad rep from the first gens.

Also for people who say they don't like the triggers in certain guns did we not learn anything from the show "Top Shot". I think those guys especialy the "Glock guy" that lost in the first season complaining that everything is not a Glock learned a valuable lesson on being a one trick pony. Point is as a shooter we should train OURSELVES to shoot any firearms and not try and fix a gun to suit our preference. You never know what kind of situation you are going to be in or what weapon you might have to use to defend yourself with and me personally I pride myself on being able to pick up any weapon and have the same results. Just say'n.

I tried to make the gun perform as well as I felt my abilities would allow and it never came to be. When you can go from one pistol and shoot it many times better than another pistol that uses the same action type, at what point do you chalk up the fault to the pistol? After how many hours at the range, how many dollars spent in ammo, how many hours reading and practicing at home, before you say it is just not for you?

Not saying what you posted is not valid, rather that to me there is a point of diminishing returns in an investment to make yourself proficient with one specific model firearm. I personally don't feel the need to be an expert at every firearm I pick up. I shoot for fun and the P250 was not fun for me. YMMV.

Ruger SR9 pistols are in that range arent they? as well as used Gen 2 Glocks.

Yes. I should have said IMO. I would take the p250 over either one you mentioned. I have no problem with the trigger. It is no 1911, but it is very smooth. Mine served me well and now serves my brother who uses it for security work.

apparently a lot of folks don't like them. otherwise would have been a success. i think they're fine as a 350.00 gun.

Agreed. At $350 they are great, but they were introduced way too high. The idea of changing frames was silly, IMO. The failure of this gun was all encompassing, bad marketing, high price (wen introduced), a solution to a problem no one had, and a trigger too similar to their DAK system. That said I would take this gun over many others.

Back
Top Bottom