• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig P365 or P365 XL

You started off with “long time glock owner and love them” ....keep it that way and go with a 43x or 48. I too was like ohhh that’s cool when the 365 came out and picked one up. After some use with it i realized I still liked and preferred my glocks. I sold the 365. I have recently acquired Glock 43x/48 and they are sweet lil pistolas. A buddy of mine that has a 365 shot my 43x in comparison as did I his 365 and both agreed g43x better with recoil management. YMMV but I say stick with what ya know and like. Same trigger pull, same sight picture/grip angle etc

I've been a long time glock owner and love them but I have several friends and coworkers that own the Sig P365 and they all talk about how great it shoots, ease of conceal etc.. With that said, I went and looked and handled both of them. I like the P365 but without the extended mag (12 round) it doesn't fit my hand very well where as the P365Xl does. I like the smallness of the P365 and everyone that has shot it said it is a nail driver. Would the extra 3/4" barrel make the P365 XL more accurate? AS far as price, the P365 is around $80 cheaper but by the time I buy two extended magazines, I could have the XL near the same price. Has anyone shot both of them? I was wondering if the XL would be more accurate?

Thanks for your time!

I have a p365 with the XL slide. I absolutely love it.

I had to buy both pistols, mix and match, then sell the one I didn't want.
20200123_173424_HDR(1).jpg

I rented a 365 at the range one day and couldnt shoot it worth a crap. May have been the gun, may have been me, or both. I think it was a bit small for my hand and i didnt like how my finger rested on the curve of the trigger.

Your mileage may vary.

Long time Glock owner here. I just picked up a Sig P365 a few months ago and absolutely love it. I've got big hands so like you the standard mag on the P365 leaves my pinky and part of my ring finger hanging off but I can still shoot it well. I love how it carries too. I did buy the extended mag too so I have that option for better grip. But I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Long time Glock owner here. I just picked up a Sig P365 a few months ago and absolutely love it. I've got big hands so like you the standard mag on the P365 leaves my pinky and part of my ring finger hanging off but I can still shoot it well. I love how it carries too. I did buy the extended mag too so I have that option for better grip. But I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Dude then you have to try the 365XL so your pinky doesn't hang off the end (hopefully). The 15 round mag is nice too, although the magwell does stick out just a tad.

4B80BD69-8520-4A05-A663-880D99AC69F5.jpeg

I've owned both, and I definitely prefer the XL over the original. Maybe it's the sight radius, or a maybe it's the little bit longer grip with the 12 round flush mag. It just seems to fit my hand better. Still very concealable just like the regular 365.

Toothpick did you like the trigger better on the XL versus the 365?

I looked at the 365, 365 SAS, and 365 XL. I ended up with the 365XL to put an optic on for occasional carry, and a SA Hellcat for occasional carry. Couldnt decide between the 2 so got them both and love them both. The Hellcat's sights are by far the best, BUT I like the size of the 365XL better. Love the straight trigger on the XL. Decided to wait for the SIG Romeo Zero to hit the shelves and then I'll put it on the XL. Will see how I like it for carry then.

Back
Top Bottom