• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig P365 or P365 XL

I've got both and I run the XL frame with the standard slide daily same as Burdy Burdy . If I had to choose only 1 I'd go with the XL only because it has the ability to add an optic already built in, the longer grip also me to drop a mag clear without changing my grip and is only about an inch longer on the slide. Several holsters accommodate both so the added length is irrelevant IMO. I carry AIWB also with no issues. The 12 round mags for the standard 365 are great but will require you to manipulate your grip to change mags.

I had a G43 for years as an EDC and I tried the 43X but it just doesn't fit my hand as well as the 365 across the board. Better angle, better grip texture, better trigger and trigger reach (for me), more rounds out of the box, NS are standard, you can swap between frames in less than a minute, you can convert the 12 round mags between the XL and regular 365 just by changing the base plate and on and on.

I've had zero issues with either of my 365's and both have over 1000 rounds of all kinds of ammo and to be honest I don't clean them all the time after shooting. Plus they get EDC'd regularly (I carry all day every day) also so dust, dirt and grime are there most of the time. Still they run like a champ.

My other EDC is a G45 (17 frame with 19 slide) with a flat faced APEX trigger, reduced weight trigger bar and I love it. Before I bought the 365 I rented one and shot the 365 then shot my G45 back to back over and over. I shot the 365 immediately as good as my G45 even though it's 1/4 of the size. That sold me.

If you want a pocket carry, forget the XL. Otherwise, I think the XL is a better weapon - better trigger, no striker/primer drag, longer sight radius, additional rounds in a flush magazine, and space for your little finger.

After waiting a long time, I may get the 365 because Sig probably has most of the bugs worked out. I think the XL is almost a 2nd gen 365 where they engineered some of the learned lessons from the 1st gen. I have shot both. I prefer the XL, but I am in the market for a summer pocket carry, so the XL is off the table.

I rented a 365 at the range one day and couldnt shoot it worth a crap. May have been the gun, may have been me, or both. I think it was a bit small for my hand and i didnt like how my finger rested on the curve of the trigger.

Your mileage may vary.
Sorry to say but it was probably you

If you have any intentions of ever making a fast/smooth mag change, the XL or at least the XL frame is a must. Otherwise choose whichever suits you the best.

I rented a 365 at the range one day and couldnt shoot it worth a crap. May have been the gun, may have been me, or both. I think it was a bit small for my hand and i didnt like how my finger rested on the curve of the trigger.

Your mileage may vary.

Went to the range saturday and rented the 365 and 365xl back to back. Again i didnt shoot the 365 well at all, but the 365xl I could use. The XL grip being longer was better for my larger hands but it still feels a bit small (circumference wise). The Magazines wont drop free as they hit the meaty swell of my palm. I liked the flat trigger this one had and could shoot it well. Im sure if i got one and had more range time id get used to the grip and how it shoots.

I'm thinking for those that didn't shoot the 365 very well, it may be the deceptively heavy trigger pull. most 365s pull ~6-6.5 pounds. it feels lighter but its really that heavy! mcarbo makes a spring kit that reduces it to between 4.5-5 lbs. you should try the gun again with that kit installed.

Back
Top Bottom