• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sigh... I'm about to lose my man card

Recommends or requires? There is a difference. Some PCM/ECU's can adjust timing to reduce knocking for lower octane, where as cars that require cannot as the compression ratio or lowest boost level will not allow for it.

It's a Ecoboost I'm pretty sure it's required... But it runs fine with regular

I normally see "tuned" and assume people are talking about literally having the ECU altered/re-flashed. Factory is just factory. mis-communication I suppose.
nah man thats turning the wheels 180deg from port but you have to change the relative bearing grease while adjusting the phanueter valve..then and only then are you tuned:doh::doh:

It's a Ecoboost I'm pretty sure it's required... But it runs fine with regular
Probably not getting all the HP out of it, but then again, that is not what an Explorer is meant for, especially for $.30 more per gallon.

3.5L V6 EcoBoostTM engine
Your vehicle is designed to run on regular fuel with an octane rating of 87 or higher. For best overall performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel will be most noticeable in hot weather or in severe duty applications such as towing a trailer.

Probably not getting all the HP out of it, but then again, that is not what an Explorer is meant for, especially for $.30 more per gallon.

Your vehicle is designed to run on regular fuel with an octane rating of 87 or higher. For best overall performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel will be most noticeable in hot weather or in severe duty applications such as towing a trailer.
computer will start pulling time out with the low ROM fuel and will be sluggish during hot whether and will not make full boost to prevent detonation (spark knock)

computer will start pulling time out with the low ROM fuel and will be sluggish during hot whether and will not make full boost to prevent detonation (spark knock)

I broke it when it had 200 miles towing my trailer, LOL it's a lease I'll get her a new truck to F-up in 20 more months.... My 10 year old dually has less dents, dings and stains!

This was my daily for 2 years before i decided i'd rather daily a motorcycle. Gave the Acura to my dad/little brother to drive and i ride the bike unless the weather sucks then i take the truck. Acura only got 19-22 mpg though.

10362990_10152236220388300_2076588577_n.jpg

2007 with a four banger. Gets over 30 on the highway and over 25 in town. Best car for the money we've ever owned. You get slightly better mileage in a Civic but less safety, comfort, resale, etc. The Accord is the Glock of automobiles - I'm looking forward to another one.

Glock of automobiles?????,,,,,,,Oh dear
:boink: J K

Dammit... everyone that has one with a stick wants $1k-2k over what the autos arte going for...
Worth it too

Call around and see what it costs to get the Honda slushbox rebuilt , and if you buy an automatic you WILL be getting. It rebuilt

The engines last forever but the auto Trans is toast at anything over 100K

I'm on my third Crown Victoria daily driver. It's a police model, heavy duty everything, practically an F150. It handles flat in corners, and is more comfortable than an older Japanese cars. I'm getting 17-18 mpg in daily use, and I just got 23 on the road to Savannah yesterday.

It's a 2004 with 93k miles, power windows/seat/locks, AC - and I paid $1280 for it at auction.

Back
Top Bottom