• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sigh... I'm about to lose my man card

My brother uses 92-96 Cougars and thunderbirds

He usually buys em with under 130K for about $1500 or so

He put nice tires shocks brakes and stereo and new radiator fans on the first $650 one he bought with working AC

Then after two years or driving it like he stole it the trans croaked

He bought another one for $1400
Swapped the tires shocks brakes and fans and stereo over , drive the old one to the scrapyard in first gear and sold it for $300

He on about the fifth one now
Very low cost per mile and he drives in the ghetto a lot so it blends in

He removes the front bumper cover. Flips it up and fills all the honeycomb with cement and puts it back on

It will knock a hole in whatever fool pulls out in front of you

Worth it too

Call around and see what it costs to get the Honda slushbox rebuilt , and if you buy an automatic you WILL be getting. It rebuilt

The engines last forever but the auto Trans is toast at anything over 100K

What year models seem to have trans issues? I've seen some ads stating rebuilt trans, but it seems to be on the late 90's/early 2000's models. Everyone at work says they've had no trans issues, even pushing 200k.

What year models seem to have trans issues? I've seen some ads stating rebuilt trans, but it seems to be on the late 90's/early 2000's models. Everyone at work says they've had no trans issues, even pushing 200k.

98-2003 if i recall correctly. All V6 FWD Honda/Acuras will need it at some point very close to 100k miles. We had to replace ours in the 3.2TL around there and then an EX of mine had her Accords replaced around there also. You can get them cheap because the transmission work usually isn't.

How do you deal with the torque steer

Anything bigger than a 85 HP four banger has terrible torque steer

I'm currently driving a rental A new Ford Flex V-6. And it's absolutely undriveable if you use more than half throttle. It darts and squirms all over the road

The Mazda 323 and 626 are great cheap commuters if you avoid the automatic

Look at the ads. Everyone mentions rebuilt transmission or needs transmission

My brothers four cylinder Honda crapped out its Trans at 105k

Friends did the same

I'd avoid the auto Hondas

Toyotas in the other hand seem to last as long as the engine

Back
Top Bottom