• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver eagles....back up the truck

After stocking bullets and TP i started picking up few silver rounds for some of the reasons others have stated.
I have been giving my niece and nephews silver eagles at Christmas and bdays since they were born. I figure if they ever get in a tight when grown up they can sell them. Beats wasting $ on dolls and vid games.
It absolutely does make more sense than throwing money away on pieces of Chinese plastic. Robert Kyosaki author of Rich Dad Poor Dad said gold and silver are " God's Money." In fact he's so serious about it he bought gold and silver mining companies. It's a little like comparing commodities to stocks. Commodities are things people use and need across the board everyday. Makes more sense to invest in that than stocks that at best are pieces of paper and at worst digits on a screen. Hell I wish I could buy into an ammo company.
Anyway HOPEFULLY my silver will just be more **** my kids get to deal with and split up when I'm long gone.

Gold, silver, paper money...just a tool to help facilitate trade. If you have Hershey bars and nylons but I am looking for flour and beans, but you are looking for ammo and gun powder, it is tough for us to come to a meeting of the minds for trade. Involve more people and we might find the guy with chickens is willing to trade for nylons. If another merchant has what we are both looking for, he puts a 'physical' price on it - 1 ounce of silver. No problem, I have 14 silver dimes. we trade. It serves as a medium

Back
Top Bottom