• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver/Gold

http://www.stocks-for-beginners.com/gold-market-price.html

www.stocks_for_beginners.com_image_files_djia_gold_inflation_adjusted_cumulative_returns.jpg

I think we're in a spike right now.

I don't own a bunch of gold and silver, but I wish I did! I sure wish I had ignored Clark Howard when has said it was a total ripoff at $500 per ounce. I do understand that commodities can crash hard, but I am more worried about the dollar collapsing.

The U.S. has borrowed insane amounts of money, and we are just coasting on the goodwill of nations which are stupid enough to lend us more. Once the music stops, everyone better have a chair.

Nothing inherently wrong with owning gold and silver as an investment. But as others have said, it's probably not the best time to get into that market. I'm just suspicious of all the people selling gold right now, all the ads on TV, etc...if my FRNs are so worthless and their gold is so valuable, why are they willing to trade the former for the latter?

If a real SHTF is really coming soon, you're better off stocking up on lead and brass rather than gold and silver.

^X2

Gold was +\- $500 an oz, seeing no significant gains for nearly 20 years. Had you FULLY listened to C H back then you would have invested into the stock market (appl, goog, etc) and taken 5000% + gains and had much more cash to pay retail for gold/silver at todays prices.

Have you seen most poeples 401's and stocks in the last 10 years, oh the horror stories I have heard. When your money zero's there is nothing left. Atleast you still have the metal.

What I see is that it is going up. Do let me say, I'm am not trying to be negitve here, trying to get a better understanding.But I have not heard of any one crying about a loss in thier precious metal portion of their portfolio.

Back
Top Bottom