• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver/Gold

The OP asked if he should INVEST in gold/silver. No one is answering that question. Think about your responses in terms of INVESTMENTS. I.E.; gold/silver versus traditional "paper" or "wall street" investments. Annuities and stocks will be 100% worthless if our economy crashes again, or if Wall Street tanks again. Think about all the people you know who lost the majority of their retirement investments when the market crashed! Gold and silver are going up in value while your dollar continues to buy less and less everyday (gas prices rising means your dollar buys less gas, food prices rising means your money buys less food, the same can be said for home prices, car prices, etc, etc, ad infinitum).

Silver was $28 per ounce about a month ago. It closed yesterday at over $35. It is a slow but steady rise. Think about those figures for a minute. If you bought 100 ounces of silver a month ago at $28, you would have spent $2,800. That SAME amount of silver would sell today for over $3,500. That is a percentage and REAL DOLLAR value increase of 25% in ONE MONTH. If you had invested $10,000 into silver a month ago and sold it today, you'd see a 25%+ return on your investment and have people pounding down your door offering to pay you the $12,500 value that your silver is now worth.

Experts and analysts are citing history and past trends to speculate the value of silver to be well over $50 per ounce in the next few months, while others are speculating $100 or more per ounce in under a year. (disclaimer: this is all speculation based on past trends and current market supply and demand - I am not a professional in this field, but I read up on it A LOT)

Short answer is YES! Invest in silver/gold now. The likelihood of a large return on your investment FAR outweighs the very minimal risk involved.

You also have a TANGIBLE investment, meaning you can actually put your hands on it, store it in your house/safe/safe deposit box. You don't have to worry about some Wall Street broker making an ill-advised move and losing all of your money for you! And if you get in a bind, you can sell off small portions of your silver/gold supply if you need to.

Sorry...Yes you should is the answer. Gold and silver is real money, the paper coupons it costs to buy it is all relative, just noise. The prices of metals is not rising...if you thought you got a raise in the last couple of years, think again. Every time metals "go up" the dollar is just going down.

As metals appear to rise, the dollar is just failing.

An ounce of precious metals is worth an ounce of precious metals, NOT paper fiat trash.

Cash is trash.

Only keep enough cash on hand to pay bills.

Metals are the ULTIMATE bartering tool.

Those who poo poo precious metals...I don't know how you made it this far in life.

I own a good bit of PMs and this correction will be short lived. Once they get back on track, prices will rise sharply. Silver over $50 and Gold over $1600
Timing is everything. I am buying this weekend. Who has some?

I own a good bit of PMs and this correction will be short lived. Once they get back on track, prices will rise sharply. Silver over $50 and Gold over $1600
Timing is everything. I am buying this weekend. Who has some?

Yes timing is everything.......I think the prices will drop a little further before the rebound.....I am making a cautious buy.....also hitting a couple of estate sales to see if I can get my hands on some sterling flatware, goblets, and jewelry. I think it was jrr888 that talked about buying junk silver (my apologies if is was not you).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom