• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SKS question thread number 2!

Update: I found an NOS Red Star 4x20 scope for sale and Kengs had 2 original mounts specifically for this rifle, so I bought one of those also. They should be here next week. I wasn't planning on spending the money just yet, but considering the rarity of brand-new parts--I had to jump on them while they were available! Can't wait to get them!

Also, the Red Star scope is short enough that it looks like it's possible to use the stripper clips--fingers crossed!

chinesesks.weebly.com_uploads_2_9_2_2_29221347_739234420.jpg

Guess what I got in the mail today?

NOS Red Star 4x20 scope...and a NOS mount, including the base, from KFS. I'm beyond stoked. The only issue is there is no way to get a cheek weld with this setup. I may have to see what's available for a slip-on cheek riser.

I would have told you that you were out of your mind if a year ago you told me I'd be excited about an SKS lmao!

20170731_153537.jpg
20170731_152915.jpg
20170731_155207.jpg
20170731_155219.jpg
20170731_155336.jpg
20170731_155306.jpg

Looks like this may be a mount for an ak. But I needed a mount with 1" rings anyway. So a Russian mount wouldnt have done me any good since they're 26.5mm. Worst case scenario, I'll get one of my buddies to cut and weld this thing down lower. But I'm digging it for right now.

Your dabbling in the SKS scene will only drag you to the AK world. Especially if you like the numbers matching period correct aspect of it. Beware, it's super addictive just ask @GoNoGo .

Anything old milsurp is better than the new age cookie cutter dodad addon AR thing that's been beat to death. I Don't care how high quality, mil-spec, brand name or any other jive the AR mains stream makes it, It's old.

I think you're right. I have a bit of OCD/love of cool/historic guns, etc...mixed in with a good dose of addictive personality. I think a good many of us on ODT are afflicted with this disease! Well, so now I have an extra scope mount base for an AK, lol...isn't that where it all starts? With an extra part just laying around? Ha! Is it gonna turn into a complete AK if i just leave it buried in the gun cabinet? I had a bcg and a charging handle turn into a complete AR once lmao!

I'll always have a thing for AR's though. I do like the new stuff but I like the old stuff also. My Colt is an old A2. I totally dig it. I've been collecting 20 round GI mags for it...addictive...

I never thought I'd want or like an SKS or an AK, mainly because they're ComBloc weapons...I had to get over it when I got my first Mosin! You are right though, now that I think about it...my Colt has been getting less attention lately...

Back
Top Bottom