• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sky Guns International Executive AR Rifle In Case Coming soon in 7.62 NATO!!

Maybe...my money is on the fact that he's still coming down off his perma-high from the late 90's.

Nor do I.....guys, the man has made his point. If you don't like it, just move on. It seems like there's a wee tiny bit o'butthurt because he knows something you don't. He has contractual obligations to maintain silence on certain aspects of his business - that's pretty much standard practice in a lot of industries. Mine included - I have a non-disclosure agreement that I sign for the work I do. It's really not that big a deal if someone says "I do/make/sell 'x' but can't tell you how/why/where."

Thank you. I have always stated that I am willing to discuss anything in the proper venue, and a public forum is not the proper venue. You want to meet my at the local Starbucks and talk about this, that would be fine, you want me to meet at "XYZ" firearms manufacturer where you or your buddy works, that is not going to happen. I will not discuss technical details of our unique products, like our ambi upper, I would be more than happy to demonstrate it and discuss it in a proper environment. But I will not give you the shape file, a blueprint or the actual secret to making it work. This is why you do not see 20 different manufacturers making a similar product.

Thank you. I have always stated that I am willing to discuss anything in the proper venue, and a public forum is not the proper venue. You want to meet my at the local Starbucks and talk about this, that would be fine, you want me to meet at "XYZ" firearms manufacturer where you or your buddy works, that is not going to happen. I will not discuss technical details of our unique products, like our ambi upper, I would be more than happy to demonstrate it and discuss it in a proper environment. But I will not give you the shape file, a blueprint or the actual secret to making it work. This is why you do not see 20 different manufacturers making a similar product.

But if you sell it.....it can be reverse engineered. So what's the real difference?

I won't put you out then. Since its contracted and all. I won't ask you to break a contract. But it's nice to know that you would pick and choose which contacts you choose to uphold and which you don't.

We uphold all our contracts and agreements. Maybe this why people don't like us. If we say we are going to do something, we do it.

But if you sell it.....it can be reverse engineered. So what's the real difference?

There is a big difference, reverse engineering a product and bringing to market with a paper trail of the original product will net you a law suit. In the process of reverse engineering the product, you will have to make enough changes to prove that it is not a copy of the product you bought from "xyz" company.

There is a big difference, reverse engineering a product and bringing to market with a paper trail of the original product will net you a law suit. In the process of reverse engineering the product, you will have to make enough changes to prove that it is not a copy of the product you bought from "xyz" company.

And those changes can be done in the external appearance easy enough to say it is not a copy.

I have no idea who you are talking about. You asked me personally for something in this public forum. I publicly stated what I would TRY to do to accommodate you, and now I am talking out both sides of my neck?? Tell you what then, here is my final answer, we do not sell stripped billet side charger uppers. To ensure we "are not talking out the side of our necks", this means that any ODT member or customer who would have possibly been interested in the challenge of making their own bolt, will now not have that opportunity. I will now express my personal opinion, I think you think it was so easy to make a side charging bolt, you think it will be so easy to make a side charging upper, so go pound sand you jack wagon!!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1380642564207.jpg

There is a pair of side chargers I built. One right side, one left side, both with a dremel in my garage......it's not that difficult.

View attachment 229368

There is a pair of side chargers I built. One right side, one left side, both with a dremel in my garage......it's not that difficult.

Lets see you bring the product to production. Can you make 40 a week in your garage??? Have any idea what a piece of Haas CNC equipment costs?? How much electricity it takes to run the equipment?? How many pieces you have to make for it to be cost effective?? What is the ROI??? What is the rate of ROI?? How fast can we make these and maintain quality??? When you are ready to stop talking out the side of your neck, and have a serious conversation let me know. We are a class 7 manufacturer, we are not going to make side charger uppers with a dremel tool!!! What is the burst strength of your weakened upper??? Do you know what it was before you began??? Do you even know what I am talking about??? What I am talking about is safety.

Last edited:
I'm not a class 7. But building a side charging upper is not that difficult. If they can make uppers out of plastic....I'm good.

My point of this all is that I was going to pursue getting a stripped side charger upper since you showed it off. My current side charge upper is not ideal for what I ultimately would like. But since you are under contract to not be able to sell just an upper and I wouldn't want you to break any of your contacts, although you talked about the possibility of it. You have proven your integrity, it is no longer in question. Since you feel I am a jackwagon I guess we don't need to worry about doing business in the future, I'll simply call ASA and see about one of their uppers.

View attachment 229368

Your workmanship looks good enough in this photo. I am going to assume the black unit is the one you talked about making from an a2 receiver. What do you know of structural engineering??? You removed the carry handle correct??? Looks like you have also lengthened the ejector port as well. Any idea what the burst strength of your receiver is?? What is the average burst strength of a forged receiver?? What is the mil spec for this??? Are you seriously going to let a customer shoot this without knowing this???

Back
Top Bottom