• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoked deer

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Pulled a backstrap and ham out of the freezer to thaw out to put on the smoker Monday night and get eaten Tuesday. Backstrap is getting wrapped in bacon combined with a homemade marinade. Ham is getting a good dry rub. I'll have some pictures and recipe specs come Monday when the cookin starts.
20170702_012628.jpg

Cut the bone outta the hind quater and kinda filet it open. Dry rub and roll it up and tie it. Layer the top with thick cut bacon. Ready for the smoker

In for info!
Cut the bone outta the hind quater and kinda filet it open. Dry rub and roll it up and tie it. Layer the top with thick cut bacon. Ready for the smoker
bone is already out. Most of the different cuts of meat is already separated out. We have a homemade dry rub mixed with a store bought for the hind quarter. Backstrap is wrapped in bacon, with a sauce that's going tovget applied a few times. I'll have more specs around 6 when it goes on.

the sauce we will be using will be similar to this one but a few items won't be added and others that weren't in his recipe will be.

I served some at a Christmas party once along side other smoked meats and it was all eaten up. They never knew it was venison or most never would have even tried it

Back
Top Bottom