• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I Got Pulled Over...

HoopDawg42

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
29   0
Reaction score
back in November for allegedly bumping (not crossing) the yellow line. The officer was nice enough but asked me where I was going and where I'd been. My question is: is it any of their business and how do you defer the question without turning a simple traffic stop into something more serious?

back in November for allegedly bumping (not crossing) the yellow line. The officer was nice enough but asked me where I was going and where I'd been. My question is: is it any of their business and how do you defer the question without turning a simple traffic stop into something more serious?
Good question. Seems like he was fishing for a DUI charge…

Self reflect on your actions and why he's doing his job. If youre innocent and he's being to invasive just lie and make sure it's simple lol. Bait him into a lawsuit or a grievance of profiling you and violating the 14th.
Sounds mighty Democratic to me.

You should only speak a few words to cops when pulled over:
Hello, officer, why did you pull me over?
Respectfully, I’d rather not to talk about my day.
Respectfully, Am I detained or am I free to go?
Pursuant the 5th Ammendment, I cannot answer any (more) questions.
NO MORE WORDS AFTER THESE

If you just can’t do it, here is what I teach my children:
‘Hello Officer. Why did you pull me over?
Respectfully, as a rule, my dad says I cannot answer any questions. I’m sorry.
If the cop continues to ask questions, just repeat:
Respectfully, as a rule, my dad says I cannot answer any questions. I’m sorry.
NO NEW WORDS AND NO ADDITIONAL WORDS

A cop is allowed to ask you whatever he/she wants. You are under no obligation to answer ANY QUESTION. Asserting your rights is not disrespectful. If the cop asks you to get out of the car, you must. He will claim it was for safety reasons. HOPE THIS HELPS

Back
Top Bottom