• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I Got Pulled Over...

It's very rare that I get pulled over. Regardless of what I am obligated to answer, I just answer anyway and go along with it. Is that the best course of action? No idea, but it's worked out okay so far. About the only thing I'd most likely refuse is permission to search my vehicle, but I haven't been asked yet anywhere I had a choice (military bases, driving from across the border).

Always record the conversation! I beat a traffic ticket for "rolling" through a stop sign once. The police woman pulled me over and told me I didn't fully stop. I told her I disagreed with that and I did fully stop.

In court she claimed that I was being argumentative. My exact words were "I respectfully disagree with that officer"

I beat the ticket because I went back and took pictures of the stupid offset/staggered stop lines. I was stopped on the left fully and then started to move when a guy to my right pulled up and stopped. THe cop just turned a curve from the left and thought I rolled through.

back in November for allegedly bumping (not crossing) the yellow line. The officer was nice enough but asked me where I was going and where I'd been. My question is: is it any of their business and how do you defer the question without turning a simple traffic stop into something more serious?
He was talking to you to determine if there was more to the stop. Bumping or crossing the line is an indication of impairment, either distraction or possibly intoxication of some sort.
Your answers must have satisfied his curiosity. Non answers or some pithy retort would likely convinced him to dig deeper, maybe even a trip to jail or hospital for further tests.
Officers are sued fairly often for letting a suspect leave and then getting into wreck. MADD has taken much of the officer’s discretion away.

Them MADD folks need to actually try finding a real job and working for a living.
im not saying what they do is a bad thing totally but damn, they really should lighten up on the cops.
Just my .02

Them MADD folks need to actually try finding a real job and working for a living.
im not saying what they do is a bad thing totally but damn, they really should lighten up on the cops.
Just my .02
They have even sued and won a few cases where the LEO drove the person home, and the person gets drunker and leaves in his other car…

Back
Top Bottom