• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I Got Pulled Over...

back in November for allegedly bumping (not crossing) the yellow line. The officer was nice enough but asked me where I was going and where I'd been. My question is: is it any of their business and how do you defer the question without turning a simple traffic stop into something more serious?
He wasn't doin nothin but testin your IQ.....did you pass?

It's acknowledged. Now are you going to answer the question or continue to evade it. If he was pulled over for swerving, then why wasn't a field sobriety test performed? Why go through all the Q&A games if probable cause was already established? My initial post was an honest question - you seemed to have an issue with that.
I have no issue with genuine questions like yours. The situation always dictates. Depending on his training etc, I'm no subject matter expert but jumping to the assumption he's intoxicated seems a bit excessive. From my pov, I'm not a street cop, I would just wonder why he's swerving. Maybe something as simple as checking his phone or dropped something, or maybe he's having a medical emergency. My job is more of a de escalation tact so, the fact he was simply having some small questions (maybe to check speach and orientation) doesn't seem far fetched.

asked me where I was going and where I'd been.
Officer ask me “Where I’ve been”? I’ll respond, “You’ll never believe me”, Officer “try me”. My response “where I come from”, Officer “where did you come from”? My response “You still won’t believe me”. Officer responded with “Well tell me”! I responded with will, “where I came from”. 😂

I was polite and answered the questions. It was just real invasive questioning such as:
Why were you in Canton? To see my dad and brothers
What did you guys do? Watched UGA football
Did you have anything to drink? Water (still had to do field sobriety)
Why are traveling so late? Left after the game was over
Etc Etc Etc...

I was tired and just trying to get home. I left the house (Braselton) at 5:30am. Went hunting in Commerce, swung by my office in Athens, drove to adventure outdoors, then to Canton by 4. Made the mistake of coming home thru forsyth county. Shouldve stuck with interstates :rolleyes:. Wasted 30 minutes on that BS.

I was polite and answered the questions. It was just real invasive questioning such as:
Why were you in Canton? To see my dad and brothers
What did you guys do? Watched UGA football
Did you have anything to drink? Water (still had to do field sobriety)
Why are traveling so late? Left after the game was over
Etc Etc Etc...

I was tired and just trying to get home. I left the house (Braselton) at 5:30am. Went hunting in Commerce, swung by my office in Athens, drove to adventure outdoors, then to Canton by 4. Made the mistake of coming home thru forsyth county. Shouldve stuck with interstates :rolleyes:. Wasted 30 minutes on that BS.
He asked TOO MANY QUESTIONS.. plus I’ll do my dangest to not ever visit JOHNNY CREEK GA

Back
Top Bottom