• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I made it to 60 Now What.....

Retired at 65 and me and wife did a lot of stuff together, had a lot more planned and I lost her Wednesday night! Don’t knock what to do now! Sheriff asked me about coming back to work to give something to occupy my mind! Do all you can with family while you can and retire as someone as you’re able because we aren’t promised tomorrow on this earth but a heavenly home awaits us! Praying for Gods Blessings on you!
Sorry to hear about your wife. I know I would be lost without mine. I will be praying for you

Retired at 65 and me and wife did a lot of stuff together, had a lot more planned and I lost her Wednesday night! Don’t knock what to do now! Sheriff asked me about coming back to work to give something to occupy my mind! Do all you can with family while you can and retire as someone as you’re able because we aren’t promised tomorrow on this earth but a heavenly home awaits us! Praying for Gods Blessings on you!
Man sad to see this post…. Godspeed to you ..

Congrats will4me will4me !! Glad you made it.
I haven’t been able to work for years myself. I am in such physical pain and bad shape from bad joints and busted up so many times I can barely get up anymore…but I still try to kick it when I can. Some days are better than others.
I am glad when I see someone get to retirement, my wife is due in a few years but I don’t think she will. She has that work mentality. I was the same way before I had to quit….always worked two jobs, tried to do extra when I could , etc., ….. she is the same way.
Get you a place to fish and hunt, shoot guns and enjoy life ! You deserve it for making it and working hard all these years I bet . Again I say, “Congrats !” :cool-new:
I look out my window and see my Shooting Berm at 50 yards from my house and have 6 acres to boot.
So hunting I have covered and fishing is only 40 mins down the road in the bay (saltwater fishing).
I retired to Florida and still have a house in Georgia LMAO.
But still have my residency in Georgia for now, May make the move permanent if the wife approves lol.

I retired, basically called in on a Monday and quit two years ago at 72 from a corporate job. Had to start small part time gig to help maintain standard of living in this inflated economy. Also still like to collect gun stuff $$. Getting old does sux body wise, listen to your body and seek med advice if something does not feel right, yeah we are all over medicated these days but it is better than the alternative. I am a VN Vet and loosing buddies every day. Enjoy each day of life while you can.

:pray2: So sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom