• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So my comcast internet is really slow 5-7 mps. What are my options?

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
Comcast is changing me for 75mps download speeds and everything I have tested out well below 20. Before I go out and buy the latest greatest modem/router combo for $200, I thought I'd ask if there are any folks here that have some information.

first make sure its not your computer limiting it. are you hardlined or wireless? if wireless try a hardline and see what results your getting. if they are still low then it could be your card limiting it

Have them come out a replace the modem/router they provided you. We had a similar thing happen at our house and they replaced it free of charge. Internet is now back up to what it is supposed to be

Nothing from Comcast is free.

I agree that as a whole they have awful customer service and I wish that I had not signed a contract with them. This was a pleasant experience for me. They came out the day later and had me back up and going, I also saved the installers number and called him rather than comcast.

I agree that as a whole they have awful customer service and I wish that I had not signed a contract with them. This was a pleasant experience for me. They came out the day later and had me back up and going, I also saved the installers number and called him rather than comcast.
Congrats, glad you had a good experience. Maybe they're changing their ways.

Comcast's cable modem is OK...I get 250+...paired with a Netgear AC router, don't use the comcast wireless router. Bump up your speed package and you will get a new modem as well, go for 100mbps minimum.

Have them come out a replace the modem/router they provided you. We had a similar thing happen at our house and they replaced it free of charge. Internet is now back up to what it is supposed to be

I was going to say I would call them first. They will charge you for a certain level of service and not give you the equipment to use all of the functions you're paying for. This happened to me with my DVR and my modem/router. Make sure you have the right modem/router from them. I pay for like 100mpbs and I'm hitting 125+

Back
Top Bottom