• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, the girlfriend had a Glock 33, now she has a new 27

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
Well, I just traded off a WASR-10 AK47 for a Glock 33 .357 sig for the GF to carry when she gets her permit soon.

I also got a Glock .40 S&W barrel in the deal, 2 mags, and 100rds of ammo. 50rds of each. From what I read, its just a simple switch of the barrels and you can shoot wither .40 s&w or .357 sig. I've read alot of good things about the .357 sig round though. I'm going to shoot both .40 S&W and .357 sig out of the 33 and let the GF do the same, figure out which one she likes better. I felt that a Glock would be a great choice for her as a self-defense CC gun because of the reliablity Glocks are known for. Not to say I don't trust my 1911. But the simple design and ease of use that the Glock offers was more appealing to her. She actually likes to look, feel, and weight of the Glock better than my 1911 or smaller guns like the Ruger LCP. I was told by her though that I need to have the top slide painted teal, her favorite color. Glad to see she is finally getting to guns and has agreed to get her carry permit soon. That in its self is worth the AK. I'll have a range report soon.

The Glock is used, but barely. More or less, like new.

Anyway, on to the pics.

[Broken External Image]:

Also, don't flame me for trading a battle rifle for a subcompact Glock. I really liked the AK, but making sure my girl is protected when I'm not there to do so is more important. And yes, she will be practicing often with her new 33.

Update: traded back the 33 for a new 27.

Pic

i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_2011_05_24_11_49_58_222.jpg

Last edited:
Sure-nough. I'm not sure how new but I'm willing to bet its got less than 100 rounds down the pipe. I'm probably gonna go shoot it today if I get a chance.

Sure-nough. I'm not sure how new but I'm willing to bet its got less than 100 rounds down the pipe. I'm probably gonna go shoot it today if I get a chance.

You can check out when it was manufactured over at the glock serial research project on glock talk: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287557 well hopefully it'll be in there somewhere or you can judge byt he other serial prefixes that are there.

Just put about 30rds of .40 S&W down the 33 with the barrel swap. I think because of the availability and price of the .40S&W, thats what she will be shooting. Don't see any real reason why she should shoot the .357 sig over the .40S&W. Not saying the .357 sig is a bad round, but this something she is gonna have to practice with and as we all know, the price of ammo is only going up.

The .357 sig barrel might be up for sale on here soon...

Traded the 33 for a 27. Same gun but didn't want the .357 sig barrel. Traded for a new 27. So, yeah. Its a Glock, it goes boom.

I am looking at a new Glock 27 Gen. 4 / .40 Cal. for my (new) C.C. firearm. It seems tiny (fits in my hand perfectly) compared to my XD-40. which I open carry due to that is the only current legal way to carry in WI..

I think I am going to really like this pistol...

Outdoorsman1

Back
Top Bottom