• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what do you think about Hydrographics on guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffvrod

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 2
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my FS2000 done but i don't know how durable the coating is. Anyone have a firearm done in this let me know if you are happy with the finished product and would you recommend this.

I'm thinking about getting my FS2000 done but i don't know how durable the coating is. Anyone have a firearm done in this let me know if you are happy with the finished product and would you recommend this.

looks and feels durable... adventure outsdoors has a bunch of hi point pistols in everything from 100 dollar bills to confederate flags... personally... i think it looks tacky and would not do it to any of my guns. You may be able to convince me to do a diamond plate slide or a camo stock... but thats the extent of it.

an fs2000 is a pretty pricey gun to be customizing in that manner if you ask me... well at least if you plan to sell it in the future. I tend to stray from permanent/semi permanent mods...

what pattern were you thinking of doing?

hydrographics_GH-009_a-tacs_175.jpg

im planning on keeping this one

I had a Glock 34 that was dipped in carbon Fiber. I tried every harsh chemical known to man and nothing would touch it. Gasoline, brake cleaner, carb cleaner, paint thinner, acetone, and goof off. Very very durable. I was impressed

When done correctly I haven't found anything besides sandpaper that will touch the finish, and you have to work hard with it. I've only dipped my hunting shotguns, never a handgun or my ARs. It doesn't add enough value to warrant me doing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom