• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Which was my point 80 posts ago.
My disagreement was that while doing 120 you could just roll on the throttle and stand the bike up in a sustainable wheelie. Which is what I and I think most others imagine when hearing "Power Wheelies" I don't think there is any technical description, of types of wheelies. What eventually we came to agreement the bike would lift a few inches and set back down during upshifts. That I understand and agree with.
If I competed in road racing maybe I would have understood your lingo.

OK what's the point? I don't care anything about mountain riding. Standing 1/8 1/4 and 1miles interest me and I speak of that almost exclusively. If I wanted to do the twisties I would likely have a 1K Suzuki, BMW or Honda.
Or of course riding my hot rod Harley is a lot of fun, but I still rarely power into the turns where I have to lay it sideways. Insane high speeds is what I know.

Doesn't this look like fun?

Sorry abour the fog. Not my camera or video.

Just have to carry more corner speed :hat:
That track looks like its set up for high hp bikes though.

Here's an old picture of me borrowing someone's bike for a few laps
ML_74906.JPG

It's been a while since I have done any really exciting riding though.

Absolutely! One of my favorite things to do.

However, I take my time since I'm on a 08 Gold Wing Hondabago. It's just a ride for me, not a time trial. I also generally ride alone and during the week. Don't care too much for crowds. Don't have a problem with what or how anyone rides; their business.

I'll be 58 this year and have:

Dislocated my elbow.

Broken my ankle.
Broken my wrist.
Ripped my thumbnail and thumb tendons out in a m/c accident.
Broke my nose twice.
Broke my ribs three times.
Had back surgery.
Broke a finger and had to have pins put in.
Had a cataract removed and lends implant at 45.

I used to be all thrust, no vector. Just don't see any reason to tempt fate anymore.

Frankly no. Watched too many of my friends wreck caused by stuff like dogs, deer, and even once a squirrel.
Controlled track I could get into it maybe.
But at the same time I don't think it would compare to the adrenaline rush that the crazy acceleration of my big bike gives me. (The Hayabusa is more of a toy right now.)
When John Force was asked about what the launch feels like, back when they were slower. He described it as such: Imagine sitting at a stop light and being rear ended by an eighteen wheeler doing 100mph. The rush of that kind of acceleration is worth about a million rides at Disney Land.
Within a few years I intend to have my "street" bike doing numbers like my Funny Bike. My goal is to see 200mph in the 1/4 before I hang it up.

I enjoy some light cornering, but not ones I can't see what's coming around the bend.

Back
Top Bottom