• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Swapped the FZ-07 for this 16 Daytona 675R. 1st Triumph and only had it 2 weeks so far, but that triple is phenomenal.

Attachments

• Daytona.jpg
    Daytona.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 28
Very nice. I had the 2007 base model and it's a fantastic bike, the new R model is better still.

It sucks that Triumph is discontinuing the Daytona though....

I've been hearing rumors of that unfortunately, but I also heard that they would be putting the 765 motor in the Daytona for 2018. Did Triumph release anything official yet?

They are getting out of the super sport segment, same as Honda has done. No official plans for a Daytona 765 yet.

Got a link? I know that John Bloor is not a fan of super sports, which is unfortunate, but I can't find anything certain except confirmation that Honda is quitting the CBR600 in Europe due to Euro4 requirements. Honda just released the new fireblade for 2017 and the RC213V-S. All my readings suggest that a lot of manufacturers are phasing out the 600 class due to minimal price gaps in the 600's and 1000's and overall lack of interest. Liter bikes now are easier to ride than they used to be, and more capable than ever with all the electronics and rider's aids available.

Read it from a few reliable sources last month. Dwindling sales, euro4 and no real race programs to partake of. They are making lots of money on tigers, the bonneville variate and the street and speed triples. Unless they can race it or sell a lot of them, it doesn't make sense to invest all the millions in a new sportbike.

Honda dropped the 600... ducatis mid side is now a 959... Kawasaki bumped up to a 636...

Read it from a few reliable sources last month. Dwindling sales, euro4 and no real race programs to partake of. They are making lots of money on tigers, the bonneville variate and the street and speed triples. Unless they can race it or sell a lot of them, it doesn't make sense to invest all the millions in a new sportbike.

Honda dropped the 600... ducatis mid side is now a 959... Kawasaki bumped up to a 636...

Very true, just read an article which listed the Bonneville Bobber as the best selling new launch bike in Triumph history. It's funny you mention the Ducatis as I was just looking at their models over the years and noticed the number of cc's kept increasing. Current trends call for more power and larger displacement. I can find something I like about almost anything on two wheels, but that still stinks on the Daytonas.

Very true, just read an article which listed the Bonneville Bobber as the best selling new launch bike in Triumph history. It's funny you mention the Ducatis as I was just looking at their models over the years and noticed the number of cc's kept increasing. Current trends call for more power and larger displacement. I can find something I like about almost anything on two wheels, but that still stinks on the Daytonas.

Ducati makes an amazing bike. It's like sitting in a Ferrari... It might not be faster than the Nissan GT-R or a Porsche 911, but you really do feel like you are on something special.

I tend to prefer a high output vtwin motor for the street. It's just immediate power, no having to get the revs up like you do on an inline 4.

Sexy Italian styling, a booming exhaust note and torque that wants to pull your arms out of your sockets... what's not to like? haha

Still waiting on my new Triumph to get here, it's on the truck and headed to the dealership... the Exhaust and accessories came in today, so hopefully I can get it all wrapped up and be out riding it this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom