• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Speaking of videos of motorcycle riding as viewed from the helmet-cam,
check out these giant touring bikes hitting the dirt trails in the woods:

I just couldn't treat one of these bikes this way. I have had my street bikes off road some just to keep my riding skills up, but no serious rough treatment and no full dressers

Some American muscle for ya (sort of, the motor is Austrian built)
File_000(3).jpeg
File_000(8).jpeg
File_000(4).jpeg

I just couldn't treat one of these bikes this way. I have had my street bikes off road some just to keep my riding skills up, but no serious rough treatment and no full dressers

I don't know anything about that YouTube channel or the history of those bike shown, but I'd do it with an older Goldwing that had some mechanical issues requiring a major tear-down and rebuild. Some problems like that on a touring bike could be enough of a problem that you can't trust it on a long ride to some other state, but you'd be OK to use it on trails close to home, with "your crew" on standby to tow it out of the woods and trailer it to the garage if necessary. I'm thinking that there are some issues a motorcycle might have that have to be fixed before it's really roadworthy, but could be overlooked for a half-hour of riding on a dirt track where you don't mind if it leaks some fluids, where you won't notice any odd vibrations or that out-of-alignment steering, that slightly bent fork, etc.

And, I didn't pause or freeze-frame the video, but maybe the bikes already had some scuffs and scratches from being dropped or laid down on the pavement in the past?

Yes they are still in existence I am out in Carrollton and they’re all from around here I just had my bike blessed by them last Wednesday I know a number so if you want to get a hold of him let me know and I’ll put you in contact with him.

Thanks, I found my local chapter, #1330, called the Muddy River Crossers. Of Cumming, GA. I've already been in touch with the Chapter president and will visit them at their next monthly meeting.

Does anybody know if the "Christian Motorcycle (Motorcyclists?) Association"
is still around, and has a real presence outside of Facebook or other social media which I do not participate in?

I did a Google search and found two different websites that are supposedly affiliated with this group, but the websites haven't been updated in forever and I would think the group is out of business or defunct.

This group had a pretty sizable site up at Barber Motorsports a few weekends ago for the BMW Motorrad Vintage Fest. Seems they are still around but not sure where their binary watering hole is.

Back
Top Bottom