• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Yeah, the sportbikes aren't as comfy. At 51 years old, I feel it a bit these days, but I can still ride all day on them... The ZX14R I have, is like a couch, and with bar risers it is comfortable to me.
I actually sold my cruisers (HD Road King & Gen 2 VMAX) in favor of a Gen 2 Busa because it’s more comfortable to me. Having degenerated discs, the upright riding position of a cruiser caused my back to ache after a very short ride. The leaned forward position of a sport touring bike takes the pressure off my spine and allows me to ride for a lot longer.

Now I’m talking big bikes like the ZX14 and Hayabusa. The more aggressive riding positions of the race oriented liter bikes is a bit too much for me.

Mine has Helibars, a 1” riser, custom cut down seat and the pegs lowered. It’s very comfortable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually sold my cruisers (HD Road King & Gen 2 VMAX) in favor of a Gen 2 Busa because it’s more comfortable to me. Having degenerated discs, the upright riding position of a cruiser caused my back to ache after a very short ride. The leaned forward position of a sport touring bike takes the pressure off my spine and allows me to ride for a lot longer.

Now I’m talking big bikes like the ZX14 and Hayabusa. The more aggressive riding positions of the race oriented liter bikes is a bit too much for me.

Mine has Helibars, a 1” riser, custom cut down seat and the pegs lowered. It’s very comfortable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a similar issue, but with a pinched nerve in my neck. If I am totally upright with wide bars, I can't ride very long without being in a lot of pain. I had a 2022 Tracer 9GT that should have been the perfect comfortable bike for me. I was in agony most of the time and had to sell it after only 4 months. I would get off the Tracer, and jump onto my 2022 R1 and the pain went away... Total opposite of what most would expect.

I have the new ZX14R and love that bike. It's plush, it's comfortable, it's smooth, and when give it some throttle, you have almost 200hp at the wheel and it just folds space and time. haha

The VMax was a beast of a bike. The handling though, was why I never got one. My wife had a first generation Diavel, 162hp but like 200lbs lighter than the VMax...

If someone wants a fast cruiser, it's hard to beat a Ducati Diavel, but they ain't cheap!
Those things are toque monsters, My buddy let me have his for a few days. Fun bike !

New or used? The new Pan America is a really interesting bike. First Harley I would ever even consider owning for myself. 150hp, water cooled, ABS and traction and ride modes, proper suspension and brakes, TFT dash with Bluetooth integration, and I think you can even get an accessory quick shifter now. It's a legit fast bike, but total comfort and touring abilities. I have seen guys do track days on them, or ride across the country.

the Fat Bob with the 118 motor in it is reasonably quick, but not like the new liquid cooled models... I think so far its the Pan America, the Sportster S and the Nightster... As the Easy Rider generation is hanging up their chaps, Harley is getting serious about getting into the tech and performance and attracting a new generation of riders... I like the direction they are headed. Even guys like me that said they would never own a Harley, are starting to waver...
Likely used. I test drove the new sportster S , It has a lighted toned down pan American engine. Its just a little small to my liking.

I posted several months ago that I am the owner of a 1996 Honda Shadow 1100.

I recently parked it for a couple months and switched the insurance over to my buddy's H/D motorcycle that he gave me with instructions to have fun with it this summer and then sell it for fair market value.

It's a 1998 Harley XLH Sportster 883 (Hugger).

It's a bit narrow for me, both on the seat and as to the handlebars, but I'm not gonna complain about the power.

I like the short wheel base for its handling, but the legroom seems rather cramped-- I'd rather have the foot pegs and foot controls 6 inches more forward.

4BFCBAA9-2B83-4EC4-B0A6-F1268C975BB0.jpeg
33B4522D-9E44-4CF9-BBF3-19265CC1A2D0.jpeg

I had a meeting up in Murphy last Thursday and used that as an excuse to break the Multistrada out.... meeting wrapped up early so rather than headed home I chose to run a few laps on the Tail of the Dragon... After running 4 solid laps I stopped for a break to grab some gas at the store across from Killboy. I looked down and quickly realized that I had completely roasted my rear tire.

I had planned to ride the Cherohala Skyway home but the rain started and I chose to ease it back home on 74/64 and back in...discretion is the better part of valor but man....what a great day.. even in the rain.
tempImagegJMOfG.png
tempImage6qe4jb.png
tempImageznJ7t0.png
tempImageeJzI3x.png
tempImageL7yAgu.png
tempImageNMZMxf.png

Those Pilot Road 5's are great tires. I got 5700 miles out of a set and that included half a track day... Normally I get 1500 miles out of a rear if I am lucky. I run Road 6's on my Speed Twin and MT-10 and Dunlop Q5S's on my ZX14R...

What tire pressures are you running in them? I run 34F and 36R cold on the street, and 32F 32R on track...

Those Pilot Road 5's are great tires. I got 5700 miles out of a set and that included half a track day... Normally I get 1500 miles out of a rear if I am lucky. I run Road 6's on my Speed Twin and MT-10 and Dunlop Q5S's on my ZX14R...

What tire pressures are you running in them? I run 34F and 36R cold on the street, and 32F 32R on track...
I got less than 1500 miles out of the rear. running 34/36 cold.... temps come up as I ride...just the surfaces I ride tend to EAT tires.... Fort Mountain is my main haunt and it's like riding on a cheese grater. Got a new Road 6 GT going on today.

I got less than 1500 miles out of the rear. running 34/36 cold.... temps come up as I ride...just the surfaces I ride tend to EAT tires.... Fort Mountain is my main haunt and it's like riding on a cheese grater. Got a new Road 6 GT going on today.

Yeah, some roads are like that. Talledega GP is like that. Nice little track, but man does it eat tires. Last time I was there on a GSX-R750, the left side of my tire was gone after only 2 sessions! That was an expensive track day for sure...

You know I never would own a Ducati just because the Desmo service cost so much, but then again if I was gonna do it the bike doesn’t fit my uses anyways. If I ever quit riding Harley’s or couldn’t get a goldwing I’d have to get like a BMW GS or a Honda NC750. I’d like to try an adventure touring bike.

Back
Top Bottom