• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, would you sell to a newbie known for posting double retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The diversity of thoughts and opinions are what keep the forum active and healthy.

How is flipping ammo/guns/misc for an insane profit active and healthy for the forum? How does that not deter GOOD people from helping one another out and being fair? I get that people want to make money, and I get that people need to see their ROI but at what cost?

I had a trade lined up a few weeks ago that the guy agreed to the trade then backed out the day we were supposed to meet (You Guessed it new member) so why would it be so bad to have a sponsor to guide new members and show them the ropes? I could care less what people charge for ammo.....if you really needed it you should of stocked it back years/months ago.

I don't think I would do that deal.

Your ammo, your call but I would like to know it's going to someone who will shoot it not flip it.

It would be flipped, brad is new and has a history of it. Buys 40 S&W for $20.00 a box and sells the next day for $35.00. Not that I have a problem with making money mind you, I try and do it everyday. It is bad form to relist something the very next day.

How is flipping ammo/guns/misc for an insane profit active and healthy for the forum? How does that not deter GOOD people from helping one another out and being fair? I get that people want to make money, and I get that people need to see their ROI but at what cost?

I had a trade lined up a few weeks ago that the guy agreed to the trade then backed out the day we were supposed to meet (You Guessed it new member) so why would it be so bad to have a sponsor to guide new members and show them the ropes? I could care less what people charge for ammo.....if you really needed it you should of stocked it back years/months ago.
It's not, and neither is creating an insular community. Nice false dichotomy though. A+ on that.

We made a trade yesterday and I felt it was fair for both of us. If you decided to sell it and make more on it then I am OK with that. It really is up to you. With that said, if I have more in the future and It comes down to someone that flipped it and someone who needs it at the range I will go with the one who needs it.

It would be flipped, brad is new and has a history of it. Buys 40 S&W for $20.00 a box and sells the next day for $35.00. Not that I have a problem with making money mind you, I try and do it everyday. It is bad form to relist something the very next day.

i wanna know who the chump who buys it for 35 dollars is

Just to be clear on my stance on the subject. I think everyone should sell for what they think their item is worth and be done with it. The buyer should be able to set the item on fire if he wants to, it's theirs now. I also think flipping things for a profit is a good thing if you can, I will do it as often as I can.

What I do not do and what I think is very bad form is crap where I eat. If I buy something here with the intention to flip it you will not see it posted here again. What I do post here is purchased somewhere else. I've even made an offer to buy with the statement that I'm only the buyer if you don't get what your asking, but need more money than a pawn shop will give you.

If I wanted to buy and flip an item here I would give it some time and change the item some or sell differently than I bought. Most of the time, if I buy here it's for my use. If not, I'm looking for that item for someone else and my time is worth something so I make a profit on it.

My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom