So you want to build a Coca-Cola Gun safe

I hear you. I don't think people are willing to pay $1000 to $1500 for these things. As far as quality goes, if I am doing it, it's not going to be cheap junk, not worth making in my book. Even if I could drop my build time to 10 hours, material cost to $500, and sell for $1000, I am not sure its worth my time. If I sold for $1500 sure worth it at that point.

I disagree.
Your market would not be everyone. If you can make them nice enough, nice wood, good shelving. Auto lights. Good locks... i bet you could sell for 2000-3500 quite easily. I know most people especially on here will say that is to much, over $350, but its not. Your customer would be the 1%. But it would have to be nice.

How secure are they? Just the basic OEM lock, or additional security? I suppose most of the security is in them not looking like a gun safe, but someone could break into it looking for the money and get a huge bonus....

The plus side...out of sight out of mind.

The negative, I can pick that factory lock in about 10 seconds. (And no fire protection)

I disagree.
Your market would not be everyone. If you can make them nice enough, nice wood, good shelving. Auto lights. Good locks... i bet you could sell for 2000-3500 quite easily. I know most people especially on here will say that is to much, over $350, but its not. Your customer would be the 1%. But it would have to be nice.

You can buy a brand new Liberty fatboy jr for $1299, a Lincoln 40 for $2699, in my humble opinion you would have to be a total moron to pay $2000-3500 for something like this.

I don’t disagree, but there’s plenty of morons out there to buy these just for the novelty.

Gun people tend to be over interweb edgmacated and cheapAF. Don’t get me wrong I love all you fools but 90% of you would rather buy a $500-1000 safe and a $1500-2000 scope then spend it on a safe! LOL

#safesnob

The plus side...out of sight out of mind.

The negative, I can pick that factory lock in about 10 seconds. (And no fire protection)

Yes factory locks are crap but you can get an upgrade locks for them.

Most safes with fire protection don't save the firearms. A lot of false claims out there.

How secure are they? Just the basic OEM lock, or additional security? I suppose most of the security is in them not looking like a gun safe, but someone could break into it looking for the money and get a huge bonus....

If you get an aftermarket lock it's pretty good. Most safes can be broken into in about 5 to 10 minutes with an angle grinder. They are built pretty tough.

Back
Top Bottom