• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar panels / solar roof ??

Spiderman11

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
109   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a solar panel power system for the house? Referring to the full system with battery backup that can seemingly run the house for extended periods of time off grid. Have a company coming tomorrow to do a survey/estimate - just wondering if anyone has any pros/cons or first hand knowledge/recommendations….

I just had a guy come out so I'm only a short stutter step ahead without any real world experience to add. Pretty cool though. You want to be able to place the panels as southwest as possible apparently. I always thought it was south not southwest.

I just had a guy come out so I'm only a short stutter step ahead without any real world experience to add. Pretty cool though. You want to be able to place the panels as southwest as possible apparently. I always thought it was south not southwest.
Powerhome Solar is the company I have coming - know nothing about them so this is a shot in the dark ….

I had Suncatcher of Atlanta out. They are in Marietta. Knowledgeable guy. His dad owned the company. There was a few things he didn't know but he told me he didn't and said he would get my answers instead of trying to bs me. All in all it was a positive meeting and I came away pretty excited about what I want to do.

Back
Top Bottom