• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some Pics of My "New" Mosin 91/30

In 42 and 43 the Russians were in a hurry to produce these as fast as possible. If you have a passing interest in such things, take a close look at the receiver. The metal shows machine marks and rough finish...a hallmark of rushed combat production. Prewar models feature nice smoothly finished receivers. Many were taken from the assembly line and literally put into combat within minutes.

Very cool info, thanks. I really like the historical firearms and the stories behind them. Pretty amazing IMO.

When you go to Cherokee pawn, pick up another one. They have a crate of them for $100 ea. and you can hand pick. Picked up a 39 tula there.

I was up there a couple weeks ago and almost picked up another but resisted. They even had a couple hex receiver models for $120.00

I'd invest in stripper clips for sure. Makes loading way easier.

It could definitely be operator error but I did get some and all they help me do is bust my knuckles, any tricks to using these things?

Very cool info, thanks. I really like the historical firearms and the stories behind them. Pretty amazing IMO.

I was up there a couple weeks ago and almost picked up another but resisted. They even had a couple hex receiver models for $120.00

It could definitely be operator error but I did get some and all they help me do is bust my knuckles, any tricks to using these things?
If it is the one with little tabs on the end, the china man skrewed the design up, I had the same problems
If it looks like these get the ones without the tabs
http://www.amazon.com/Mosin-Nagant-pouch-Stripper-clip/dp/B000R845C4

Back
Top Bottom