• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Something wicked this way come?

I had this conversation with my family already. I see it this way. I will never let a child starve. But before I can “take care of others”, they will have to come bringing something. Either supplies as in Food, Ammo, some special equipment and the ability to use it or they will have to have a skill that would benefit the rest of the group. Such as the ability to grow food, hunt or a medical background, or the ability to use natural plants as medicine.

When I say the ability to grow food and hunt I am not meaning put a seed in the ground and hope for the best and go out in the woods and get an animal 1 out of 10 times. They will have to have a farming background and know how to read the soil and hunting they will have to be god at tracking, stalking and reading the animals signs to know where they are at all times depending on the weather. I would rather have people that have skills over people with supplies.

Your supplies will run out if you don’t have the skills to resupply them. When you accept people into a group you are taking a major risk to you and your family. A person being dead weight is only going to drain what little resources you have, and slow and progress you can achieve. I have been learning several skills over the pasts three years. One of them is the ability to track and trap wild hogs. I can go into the woods and tell you where the hogs are where they travel, the time of night they travel and about how many of them there are. So now I have the ability to have meat any time if there is ever a situation that people are dependent of the government for food. And food is going to be a toll the government is going to use to keep to people in line and under their control.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this conversation with my family already. I see it this way. I will never let a child starve. But before I can “take care of others”, they will have to come bringing something. Either supplies as in Food, Ammo, some special equipment and the ability to use it or they will have to have a skill that would benefit the rest of the group. Such as the ability to grow food, hunt or a medical background, or the ability to use natural plants as medicine. When I say the ability to grow food and hunt I am not meaning put a seed in the ground and hope for the best and go out in the woods and get an animal 1 out of 10 times. They will have to have a farming background and know how to read the soil and hunting they will have to be god at tracking, stalking and reading the animals signs to know where they are at all times depending on the weather. I would rather have people that have skills over people with supplies. Your supplies will run out if you don’t have the skills to resupply them. When you accept people into a group you are taking a major risk to you and your family. A person being dead weight is only going to drain what little resources you have, and slow and progress you can achieve. I have been learning several skills over the pasts three years. One of them is the ability to track and trap wild hogs. I can go into the woods and tell you where the hogs are where they travel, the time of night they travel and about how many of them there are. So now I have the ability to have meat any time if there is ever a situation that people are dependent of the government for food. And food is going to be a toll the government is going to use to keep to people in line and under their control.

Well Said Sir.

Groups are like tribes.....in order to gain access to the tribe the young braves must first prove their merit. Certainly worked for the native americans.

Back
Top Bottom