• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sometimes Integrity is overridden by greed

You weren't the first. I wouldn't feel bad, this is a repeat offender.

Screen shot 2014-04-26 at 9.16.40 PM.png

Unfortunately a lot more of that going on these days. These guys have figured out that if they wait to confirm a time and place for the meet then they can wait for better offers to come along and not have to take a feedback hit. I was trying to explain to my wife not long ago why I wouldn't accept a higher offer for her non-running vehicle I had put up for sale on Craigslist. I obviously misjudged its value and was getting responses to purchase 5 minutes after the post. I called the first guy to respond and said I would hold it for him until the following afternoon when he could come by to get it. While I was responding to the others explaining that it was SPM, I was getting offers for $500 more to come and get it that night. I just had to take the hit since I had already told the other fellow I would hold it for him. The guys who will offer more and try to buy it out from someone else are just as bad IMO. Hopefully it was a lesson my son took to heart. Keep your word (and thoroughly research value:)
On the up-side, the bulk of the members here have the integrity we want to see.

i was a recent victim of this myself , my only bad experience to date. Thank god another member that it also happened to was able to ruin his so called perfect score

Sorry this happened Handydad. Unfortunately lots of guys have no integrity to begin with these days so it is worth nothing. This has probably happened to me as well even though I cannot say for sure. Add to the ignore list and move on. That's all you can do.

Integrity is a thing of the past, specially here. I swear no one is a man of their word anymore. I always go out of my way to make deals happen. I f you leave neg feedback for someone you'll get blasted back. How great is that. Here is a news flash. IF YOU SAY I'll Take it and the other guy says ok, IT's A DEAL!!! Damn it !!!!!!

Integrity is a thing of the past, specially here. I swear no one is a man of their word anymore. I always go out of my way to make deals happen. I f you leave neg feedback for someone you'll get blasted back. How great is that. Here is a news flash. IF YOU SAY I'll Take it and the other guy says ok, IT's A DEAL!!! Damn it !!!!!!

what even worse when you get burned by your friends...walk the walk that you talk

I recently had a deal with a fairly new member for a trade. We PM'd back and forth, set a date, place and approximate time because he had an afternoon meeting that day and was not sure exactly when he would be free. The day of the deal, he never called or texted about exactly what time for the meet but about 7-8 that night I got a PM saying he had changed his mind. I know that he was offered more for his trade in his post so I figured he sold it to the highest bidder even though we had agreed on a deal before hand. I just let it go and figured it was the new way of doing business for the new crowd. He never closed his thread and hasn't been back on since. Stuff happens and I will not let some Nimrod ruin my day because they have no character. With some people if it wasn't for their Low class, they wouldn't have any class at all.

Negative posted. I don't take posting a negative feedback lightly, had to think about it and also worked all day until about 30 minutes ago.

Any normal, straight up person will have to think about leaving negative feedback beforehand because it really sucks to do it and should not be taken lightly. Anyone who enjoys leaving negative or looking for a reason are not the type of people I want to deal with. You did what you had to do.

I get a text this morning around 7:30 that he made a deal with another member for $200 more than we had agreed on and if it cost him a negative feedback he would have to take it.
I think THAT is what would have frosted me the most.
I sold a car once and I knew the price I was asking was below market but I didn't care (long story). I was contacted first by a guy serving in Iraq who was going to have someone else come look the car over. Before he sent his proxy, several other people called and I told them guy #1 had first right of refusal (and then I'd go in order). The third guy to contact me was very pushy and asked if he could come see it anyway. I said sure, but you are NOT buying the car until I get a 'no thanks' from guy #1 and told him the situation. He said he understood but showed up, test drove it and then tried to offer me less than my asking price. I looked at him like he was crazy. Then he tried to offer me $1,000 MORE than asking price just to buy it out from guy #1. He had two separate cashier's checks made out and brought a driver with him so had obviously pre-planned his strategy. It took all my self control to remain professional as I told him to leave.
Takes all kinds... I guess.

Back
Top Bottom