• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sources for black powder guns and supplies

I have been thinking about getting a black powder gun for fun. I have nothing but desire right now, so I am looking for a good vendor for information, guns and supplies. Are there any web sites for muzzle loaders?
There is a wide range of interest and technology within muzzle loading guns. From traditional flintlock firearms firing patched round balls to scoped rifles firing with shotgun primers, pelleted propellent and sophisticated projectiles. Traditional vendors include log cabin shop, track of the wolf, Dixie gun works. Years ago I built several rifles with parts from these vendors. There are nice examples of individual built rifles that pop up on here from time to time at quite reasonable prices. Modern muzzle loaders are carried by most main line gun shops. Muzzleloaders.com seems to carry both types. I have never bought from them So not a recommendation.

A friend of mine gave me a partially completed Traditions Kentucky Long Rifle. Very old kit missing lots of pieces. I found Deer Creek Products and they still sell replacement parts. So far, my free gun has cost me $95, not complaining, bragging ; )

I am also looking at the 1858 Remington Sheriff pistol. I like the brass and the upper strap on the Remington.

And so down the rabbit hole we go.....

Deercreek gun shop in Marietta has now moved to downtown Kennesaw.
Their place on Fairground St. in May-retta is closed & empty.

AD3E9C92-CDB9-494B-B687-6CBC0DED5C7C.jpeg

Deer Creek 1st opened on Lavista Rd in Decatur. 1965 I was 8 years old and wanted to go look. I tried several times thru the years and the owner would keep running me out. Didn’t want kids in there. I said then as a adult I would never spend a dime in there And haven’t. I hope they go bankrupt.

Deercreek's new location is easy to get to but impossible to find!
They don't have a sign up & there's nothing gun related on display in their window.
Is this some kind of "good ol' boys club" where if you needed to know about the store, one of your friends would've already told you about it and invited you???

9669AFB9-11AF-4D06-B870-EF166D25EBA3.jpeg

P.S. It looks like it's part of the same building that also holds Wildman's Civil War shop and Museum.

The last I heard was they were approved for signage and now waiting on the signs. They also have a social media presence that explains their hours and updates on what’s going on and what guns are arriving. It’s certainly not a good ol boys club, because I’m just a nobody, and I know about it. The only way I found out they were moving is that I went into their Marietta store right before they were moving at the end of last year. They have some cool stuff in there for sure.

Deer Creek is open and doing well in Kennesaw next door to Dent’s civil war shop. They just got in a decent shipment of powder too.

I’ll have a couple of BP replicas and maybe a small cannon on my table at the ODT swap meet

56FA4435-5B90-4CC3-851C-5DCBF67D608C.jpeg

Attachments

• F1D9D041-3C4A-4066-8DA3-D8AB6E981254.jpeg
    F1D9D041-3C4A-4066-8DA3-D8AB6E981254.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1
  • F268265D-07EA-46C9-BDD4-48ADBA2755D9.jpeg
    F268265D-07EA-46C9-BDD4-48ADBA2755D9.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom