• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Southeast School Of Survival

Did you stop reading once you saw that? The next sentence reads "Monies paid will be applied to a future scheduled course date."

Looks like a fun thing to do, but I don't think my back would allow me to. Bummer, I would like to learn some of the info offered, like orienteering.

No, I did read it. Just find it kind of crazy. I sign up, pay my money, get ready, and the instructor has an issue, At that point I want my money back immediately!

How long has this course been at Red Top? I would question how in depth the course is based on the strict rules of Red Top Mountain park.

I am very sorry for the confusion... I understand that the reading on the website was confusing and was not worded properly. It would make absolutely NO sense for a business to refuse deposit refund for something that was the business' fault. Thanks to the moderator for contacting me and giving me the opportunity to clear this up.
The website Now States...

"In the event of student course cancellation, course payment will not be refunded. Monies paid will be applied to a future scheduled course within one year of original date. In the event of a Southeast School of Survival course cancellation due to instructor illness/injury, a death or sickness in the instructor’s immediate family, or unsafe conditions in the training area, course payment is refundable, or monies paid will be applied to a future scheduled course date."

I hope this now clears this up... My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Jim Greene
Survival Instructor

www.SoutheastSchoolofSurvival.com

Teaching Survival principles to a class in the field environment at Red Top actually works out well. There is a nice primitive site. We can still teach & practice traps and snares, we just have to take them down (we can't kill any of their animals). This is not a problem at all... for my Advanced survival class I actually bring a bunny with me to teach the students how to skin and utilize it. Red Top is also perfect for teaching land Navigation. The GA Orienteering Club has built a permanent Orienteering course with over 15 points maped and marked. It works great to let them practice headings and pace counts prior to giving them a long hike with only map and compass. My school is designed to train others in survival principles, not to put them in a survival situation or simulate a survival situation.... On that note, we do personal one on one programs with individuals that want to be placed in a hard situation.... But Red Top is good just for initial training.

JimG
www.southeastschoolofsurvival.com

Teaching Survival principles to a class in the field environment at Red Top actually works out well. There is a nice primitive site. We can still teach & practice traps and snares, we just have to take them down (we can't kill any of their animals). This is not a problem at all... for my Advanced survival class I actually bring a bunny with me to teach the students how to skin and utilize it. Red Top is also perfect for teaching land Navigation. The GA Orienteering Club has built a permanent Orienteering course with over 15 points maped and marked. It works great to let them practice headings and pace counts prior to giving them a long hike with only map and compass. My school is designed to train others in survival principles, not to put them in a survival situation or simulate a survival situation.... On that note, we do personal one on one programs with individuals that want to be placed in a hard situation.... But Red Top is good just for initial training.

JimG
www.southeastschoolofsurvival.com

Cool, I'm a firm believer that if you don't go out and simulate conditions you will not have the experience when it is needed, just the know how. To me that's a considering factor and with that said thank you for the added info and clarification on the course.

Back
Top Bottom